3 Ways A Virtual Assistant Can Help Grow and Scale Your Small Business
When it comes to starting your own business there’s a lot to think about. Although being your own boss can be very rewarding, it also comes with a lot of responsibility which often translates to you wearing ALL of the hats.
In the beginning, this can be manageable however, as your business starts to grow, so do the “growing pains”. There’s only so much time in a day and there’s only one of you!
Bringing someone onto payroll involves training costs, costs for additional office space, furniture, and supplies plus, don’t forget there are government rules and regulations to follow before and after you hire.
This is where having a Virtual Assistant could really come in handy. If you don’t have the funding to grow your company internally, a VA can provide you with the support your business needs at an external level.
What is a Virtual Assistant?
A Virtual Assistant is a real person. They are professionals who provide support to your business from a remote aka “virtual” location. They have their own equipment and space to work in. This means a VA could start working for you almost immediately with minimal cost.
What can Virtual Assistants do?
A Virtual Assistant can help in many ways but typically, they take on the mundane tasks, business maintenance, and customer service that company owners are often too busy to keep up with. This includes:
- Filtering and responding to emails
- Managing social media
- Fielding and making phone calls
- Appointment booking and tracking
- Market research
- And more
3 Ways A Virtual Assistant Can Help Grow and Scale Your Business
Now that you know what a Virtual Assistant is and the common tasks they perform, let’s talk about the many ways they can help your business scale and grow.
There are three stages to any business’s marketing funnel – customer acquisition, customer after care, and customer retention.
A Virtual Assistant can help you scale and grow your business at each level. Here’s how:
At a lead generation and customer acquisition level, your VA can:
- Create and manage your social media accounts.
- Help you stay up to date with sales and promotions and website content.
- Perform market research and competition tracking.
- Help plan and organize events you might host to attract new clients.
- Answer any emails that come in from potential customers and guide them towards booking an appointment with you (service business) or purchasing a product (e-commerce business).
- Your VA can also help you form alliances with other businesses by reaching out to them on your behalf.
Client follow up and after care
Once a customer has made a purchase, you want to ensure they are happy and this is also the best time to upsell and promote other services and products you have. You can use your VA to:
- Contact your customer after the purchase or service to make sure they are happy.
- Reach out for a customer review or testimonial.
- Offer an upsell or friend referral incentive.
A lot of businesses spend most of their time at the acquisition level but, customer retention is important for company sustainability and is something that shouldn’t be overlooked. Your VA can improve your retention rate by:
- Reaching out to your customers when they are nearing the end of their product supply or coming close to needing service, to encourage purchasing or booking again.
- Circulate blog posts, new content, newsletters, and more to help keep your existing clients in the loop.
- Your VA can help spread the news to your existing clients whenever you have a sale or promotion. This will encourage repeat business and/or referrals.
- You can create a customer appreciation event and have your VA spearhead it from start to finish.
Whether you use your virtual assistant to market your business, handle your books, or manage your emails, they can really help alleviate the stress and workload that so many small business owners face.
Ready to find the perfect VA for you? Here are some important things to consider:
Time Zones: Make sure that if there is a time zone differential, it’s compatible with your schedule and your company’s operating hours.
Languages Spoken: You want to make sure your VA can speak and write fluently in the languages you prefer. At HireMyMom, our site is primarily for N. America so English is the native language of job seekers.
Education, Experience, and Skills: You want to make sure that your VA is qualified for the tasks you need them to do. Graphic Design or Accounting? Customer Service or Ad Creation? It’s important to hire someone who is strong in the areas you need them most. You wouldn’t for example hire a sales and marketing VA to do your bookkeeping and accounting. Carefully screen your VA applicants and keep an open mind. They are there to help you after all. If you find you don’t have time or don’t care to go through the lengthy hiring process, check out the VIP Small Business Concierge package available to hand-select virtual professionals for you.
Tools: You may want to consider providing a useful assistant tool or two to maximize productivity and ensure all the necessary work can be completed on time.
At HireMyMom.com, we’ve had a lot of success matching employers and VA’s. Here’s what some of our happy employers have been saying:
“I have been a great fan of your service for many years. The quality of the people who I have found have been consistently exceptional, and at very affordable prices. I’ve also referred HireMyMom.com to many of my friends and colleagues, and will happily continue to do so.” Paulette Ensign, Tips Products International
“I was able to grow my company with your service and were now in 5,000 stores. We have five moms with us. Always referring my friends who are business owners and telling them how smart these women are and amazing to work with.” Chris-Tia Donaldson, Thank God Its Natural
I wasn’t sure what to expect when I submitted my request for a Web Guru to HireMyMom and I have to admit, I was blown away with the response. The quality of the applicants far exceeded my wildest expectations! It is very apparent that each applicant is highly qualified for my project. I am very excited to be working with such talented professionals. I am spreading the word to my business associates. HireMyMom.com is a real wealth of professional talent.” Teri Hurley, Owner/Operator, Endless Love Travel
Are you ready to take the next step to help grow your business? Click here to post your job and find the perfect VA for you and your company.