This is a very good question and one we are happy to answer! So why do we charge job seekers on HireMyMom? Here are the main reasons:
- Unlike most job sites, we do not take any commissions from our job seekers.
- What our Mom Professionals earn, they keep …. well except what Uncle Sam gets!
- There is a small fee to sign up which helps keep the number of job seekers to a reasonable size vs a “free” membership where you are competing with thousands of other job seekers and are virtually invisible to hiring companies.
- And if you are lucky enough to be hired by one of the “free” sites, you often will be paying 10-20% of your earnings back to the job site.
- So if you got a part-time job on a “free site” that takes commission from your earning and you make say $2,000 per month, you would be paying $200-$400 EACH month (10-20%) of that back to the job site!
- With HireMyMom, your subscription fee can typically be recouped in the first few hours of your new job.
- Businesses tell us they prefer to use our site because we do charge a small fee. When they post on “free job boards” they are inundated with hundreds or thousands of resumes and do not have time to sort through them all. One business owner told us she got 900 applicants in less than 24 hours on a “free” mega job site! On HireMyMom, she got 24 applicants. MUCH easier for a small business to handle! AND she said the CALIBER of the CANDIDATES on HireMyMom was heads and shoulders above. We think partially because we attract SERIOUS job seekers who put time and effort into their resume, cover letter and skills because they are READY to find a GREAT REMOTE JOB!
Here are some other reasons:
- Unlike many other job sites, we do not pull job ads off of the internet.
- All jobs on HireMyMom are posted BY the employer and in most cases these jobs cannot be found anywhere else on the internet.
- We aim to keep HireMyMom 100% scam free. Each job that is posted goes through our approval process. We research the company / person, look for negative reviews and other red flags before deciding if a job will be posted to our members. And there are many that do not pass the test and do not get posted.
- By paying for a subscription, we also weed out non-serious job seekers who will apply for any and everything making it harder for you to stand out in the crowd AND harder for the hiring person to weed through 100s or 1,000s of resumes. So you see, we aren’t trying to make a fortune off for you to apply to unlimited jobs. We are actually setting you up to find a job QUICKER and with LESS HEADACHE for both sides.
Check out our testimonials.
- Job Seekers are not competing with hundreds or thousands of other applicants around the world that you find on the free mega job sites,
- HireMyMom does not take a percentage or commission of earnings from job seekers or businesses,
- We aim to keep HireMyMom 100% scam free. Each job that is posted goes through our approval process. We research the company / person, look for negative reviews and other red flags before deciding if a job will be posted to our members. And there are many that do not pass the test and do not get posted,
- HireMyMom is primarily for North American candidates to protect our virtual professionals earning power and also giving our small businesses the high quality candidate pool in or near their time zone who are accustomed to US business culture,
- HireMyMom offers community (see links below) for learning, support, friendships and more,
- HireMyMom offers personalized services, training, support and virtual high-fives,
- Founded in 2007 — We are mom-owned and mom-run with a virtual team of moms all working from home — supporting this mission very dear to all of our hearts ♥️ !
**Join our FB Community for Moms here.
**Join our FB Community for Small Business / Employers here.
Watch this short video tutorial to help familiarize yourself with your HireMyMom job seeker account.
Create an account here: https://www.hiremymom.com/post-a-job
Jobs submitted will typically be approved (or rejected) the same business day after being reviewed by our staff. Jobs posted on the weekends will be approved on Monday.
Due to the nature of our business, we cannot offer refunds for periods currently enrolled in since once a person joins and logs in, they are able to immediately apply for any and all jobs posted.
However if your subscription renewed and you did not intend it to, please contact us to cancel and refund your subscription.
Yes, click here to see a few of the projects that have been posted.
We are definitely geared towards helping moms. We’ve been in the “mom” market for over 20 years and that is our niche. There are lots of sites out there for freelancers in general that you may be more interested in. However, we do not restrict anyone from joining.
There are a lot of factors to consider on whether you will get a job on HireMyMom or any place you apply. Those factors include your relevant skills, training and experience and how well they match the job.
In addition, it will depend on your cover letter and resume and if they are done in a professional, eye-catching way that gets the employer’s attention. Another factor to consider is how well you interview.
In addition, it depends on how actively you search for jobs. We recommend daily or every couple of days as some jobs are filled in 3-5 days if the hiring person is in a hurry. Those candidates who only check occasionally, have much less success typically. And not surprisingly, those who put the time and effort into the job search, have the most success.
To help you be as prepared as possible, we have several articles on our blog to help in each of these areas. Check some of them here: https://www.hiremymom.com/blog/category/resume-cover-letters
No, this site is specifically for businesses to outsource projects or hire remote employees for jobs such as administrative, writing, social media, marketing, public relations, accounting, etc.
We aim to keep HireMyMom 100% scam free. Each job that is posted goes through our approval process. We research the company / person, look for negative reviews and other red flags before deciding if a job will be posted to our members. And there are many that do not pass the test and do not get posted.
As with any job or project, we strongly encourage members also to do research on the company and the person hiring. Please contact us if you have any questions or suspicions about any job post.
Read more here: https://www.hiremymom.com/blog/spotting-a-work-at-home-scam
Also check out our Terms & Conditions for further informaton.
First you’ll need to sign up for an account. Once you log in, you can click on “Apply Now” to attach your resume and cover letter.
HireMyMom.com does not have any part of the application or selection process from this point on. The client may ask for samples of work and / or references, etc. which you would send directly to them. We designed Hire My Mom to be VERY easy to use for both our Mom Professionals and our business clients. There is no middle man. It’s quick, easy and streamlined.
If you decide to cancel your membership, you may log into your account and click on “My Subscriptions”. Once there, you can click on “Cancel” to cancel your membership.
If you signed up prior to April 2019 or aren’t sure when you signed up, please contact us to confirm your subscription cancellation. Our site was re-developed in April 2019 so some account migrations have had errors with cancellation.
To edit jobs you have posted, log in and click on “Jobs”. You can edit your job postings there by clicking on the pencil icon.
If you would like to edit a job still in pending status (which means it is being reviewed by our staff), you will need to wait until it has been approved to edit it or you may use the Contact Us form to request the changes you would like.
Once you log in, you are able to view all active jobs and projects by clicking on Search Jobs in your Account. We recommend not using filters as many jobs are hidden when using the filters. Watch this helpful video on getting started.
Once you upload your resume, you may apply directly to any jobs you are qualified for and interested in.
To renew a previous account, log in to the website and then complete the form to select the membership package you would like.
The hiring company will pay you directly. It is up to the two of you to agree upon an acceptable wage and timeline to get paid. You are responsible for setting up acceptable payment methods and checking the company and person out with the www.bbb.org, sitejabber.com, LinkedIn, etc. HireMyMom.com is not involved in the payment process. And unlike other sites, we do not earn a percentage of your fees or earnings. What you make, you keep. Well except for what Uncle Sam is entitled to.
Businesses create an account to post jobs. Job Seekers sign up to view and apply for those jobs. Once a business posts a new project or job to Hire My Mom, it is reviewed by our staff to review its legitimacy and once approved, it is posted in the members-only area. Job Seekers may log in to view all active projects and apply directly to the hiring company.
We have had members find jobs the first week of joining. Others have taken several weeks. A lot of it depends on (1) how actively you are pursuing finding a job — we recommend logging in DAILY as some jobs are filled within a few days because the hiring person needs help asap; (2) how qualified you are for the positions you are applying for, (3) how good your references and resume are, and (4) how well you interview and meet the expectations of the hiring employer.
Actively pursuing multiple job leads will maximize your chances of getting a job quickly. This means devoting as much time as you can to your job search. Don’t be discouraged if you do not find the right job or project right away. Be persistent and continue to pursue those opportunities that match your skills and background.
HireMyMom is NOT an agency. We are a platform bringing job seekers / Mom professionals together with small businesses and entrepreneurs seeking to hire them as independent contractors or W-2 employees. We are not a middle man and do not earn fees or commissions from either party. The hiring selection is completely up to the business hiring and the pay is negotiated between the two parties. HireMyMom is not involved in any part of hiring or the payment process. Unlike many of the job sites which charge 10-20% fees on every payment to the candidate.
You can review some of our Success Stories here: https://www.pinterest.com/hiremymomcom/hire-my-mom-success-stories/
Read testimonials from our Mom Professionals here: https://www.hiremymom.com/our-testimonials/job-seekers and
Business testimonials here: https://www.hiremymom.com/our-testimonials/businesses-employers
A variety of jobs are posted in categories such as:
- virtual assistants / administrative,
- blogger / writers / editors,
- social media,
- graphic designers,
- accounting / bookkeeping,
- web designers / developers,
- customer service reps / sales,
- and more!
Some are full-time, some part-time, some contract / 1099 and some are W-2 Employee jobs. The majority tend to be part-time contractor / freelance jobs.
Take a look at some of the recent jobs posted here.
When a job is expired, it will show as expired and the “Apply for Job” button will no longer be visible. If this is the case, please do not email the business about their job post. Expired jobs remain on the site since interviews typically continue after a job has expired and candidates like to refer back to the job post prior to an interview.