The Resources You Need to Get Through Coronavirus
No matter who you are, where you live or what you do, we all share COVID-19 in common now. We are all living history, and not the kind of history we hoped to be living. It feels more like a Hollywood movie we’d all like to see end soon and end with a happy ending.
One of our daughters is a recent graduate in nursing. She began her nursing career in February, and in March, she began treating COVID patients. She is one of our front line heroes. For the rest of us, we’re at home like most of you. I have worked from home for 24 years so that part is second nature to me. Having my spouse and two of my kids at home with me while I work is not nor is being in isolation from the rest of the world.
So as we journey through this Corona season, I’ve compiled some great resources for mental health, faith, hope, fun, finances, kids, fitness and more that I hope bring hope, help and fun to you all.
Business & Finances
- What to Do if You’re Out of Work from Dave Ramsey
- The Small Business Owner’s Guide to the CARES Act
- IRS Tax Relief related to Coronavirus
- Small Business Relief Programs
- Free Spectrum internet for 60 days for households with student(s)
Mental Health / Sanity
- How to Work from Home & Maintain Sanity in Difficult Times
- Cleaning up the Mental Mess Dr. Caroline Leaf’s podcast
- Morning Mental Health Moment and Switch – 21 Day Brain Detox app from Dr. Caroline Leaf
- Unlocking Us Brene Brown’s podcast
Faith & Hope
- What to Do with Fear and Uncertainty
- Prayer 101: How do I talk to God?
- Anxious for Nothing & Finding Peace Reading plans
- Is Trusting God Difficult for You?
- Finding Hope in the Darkness
- YouVersion Bible App Read, watch, listen, and share devotionals, videos, Bible plans.
- 105 Activities to Entertain Your Kids While You Work
- GoPeer – College Students to Tutor K-12 Students
- Storyline Online – Videos featuring actors reading children’s books
- Free Audible Stories for Kids While School is Out
- 200 Free Kids Educational Resources: Video Lessons, Apps, Books, Websites & More
- Scholastic – free printables for all ages
- PBS Kids Games and Videos
- ABC Mouse – Early learning games for kids
- HouseParty – Gather all your friends face to face. It’s like Zoom for friends.
- Heads Up family fun and it works with the houseparty app so you can play virtually.
- 40 Virtual Field Trips to Take While You’re Stuck Inside
- Host a Netflix Party and watch movies virtually with friends and family
- Scrabble Go app – Play with Friends
- Virtual Concerts and Live Streams that you can watch online
- Cirque du Soleil shows now free to watch online
Fitness / Health
- Free live stream fitness classes from 12 different fitness studios
- Darebee Free workouts, workout of the day
- Free fitness videos – Over 500 for every fitness level
- How to Stop Stress Eating and 13 Ways to Prevent Stress Eating
- Inspiring Stories of Goodness & Kindness Amidst Coronavirus
- Some Good News – YouTube series launched by the co-star of “The Office”
- Good News only
- 23 Pieces of Good News related to Coronavirus
So we take this one day at a time, looking for ways to bring hope and encouragement to others. For our family, our hope and encouragement comes from our faith in God. We know that God is our protector, our provider, our hope and our peace. He is our sovereign, powerful, faithful and trustworthy Father. No matter what hard times we go through, we know that in all things He works for the good of those who are called according to His purpose. (Romans 8:28)
If you have other resources to suggest, have questions or need prayer, please feel free to contact me.