How to Work from Home & Maintain Sanity in Difficult Times
Many of us are working from home as we normally do while others may be transitioning to working from home. On top of that, most of us are working with kids or other family members at home now. So how do you work AND maintain your sanity during difficult times.
Here are six tips and some resources to help…
1. Find your peace and calm. For me that is time in God’s Word and in prayer to start my day. For others it may be meditation, a walk in nature, soothing music or taking a relaxing bath.
2. Spread hope not fear. So much of what people are posting and seeing on social media and the news is exacerbating fear and panic. How can we spread good news, hope, encouragement and focus on some of the positives right now (more rest, finish projects, family time, etc).
3. Get Creative. If your business has been impacted, try to diversify and think of other products or services you can offer. Share updates on social media and email lists to let your audience know of new offerings or changes being made.
4. Reduce Distractions. Turn your personal phone to do not disturb and add any work related contacts you need to hear from to your “favorites” so they can get through. Set group texts to “do not disturb” from friends and family during focused work time. Log out of social media so notifications do not distract you. Turn off the news and check in once a day for any updates.
5. Find your space. Make your designated home work environment as disruption free as possible so that you can stay focused. Of course, with kids at home, this may be much more challenging. It may mean working while they sleep or swapping kid duty with your spouse or other family members. Screen-time rules may have to be bent but there are filters and apps to help with this. It’s time to get creative and find some things for them to do!
6. Batch your work so that you can focus on one task at a time and up your productivity. Set clear objectives and deadlines, block off time to complete tasks where you do not allow outside disruptions.
Most of all take care of yourself and your family. View this time as a time of reconnecting with family, enjoying simple everyday things that we are usually too busy to notice. I know the times seem uncertain, but we’re all in this together. Reach out and let us know how we, as a community, can help one another.
For our Mom Community, click here to join our Mom Professionals FB Community.
Small Business owners, you may join our Small Business owners FB community here.
Being Mom, Home Office, Productivity & Time Management, Work from Home Success, Work from Home Tips