Each job posting will vary according to the needs of the hiring person / company. These job descriptions are only to give a general idea of the typical skills and requirements for this type of job posting.
SCOPE OF JOB DUTIES
A Blogger / Writer must have a love for writing and a comprehensive understanding of the industry specific to your audience. You will be responsible for writing interesting and engaging articles geared for a specific target audience and have the ability to come up with original, relevant and timely topics.
The successful candidate must possess the following core skills:
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Proficient in grammar and punctuation
- Must be creative and able to come up with relevant, interesting topics
- Ability to know the audience’s needs, wants and problems and able to address them successfully
- Have a professional, consistent, and sometimes witty writing style that encourages subscribers to share on social media and elsewhere
Other possible skills:
- Fact checking
May need knowledge of specific industries for your target audience
- Work station is located in a room with a door to avoid distractions.
- If necessary, babysitting services are arranged to provide a time slot of undisturbed, focused attention to details.
- Desktop computer
- Internet connection
- Skype useful for interviews