Sarah J. Bauer
1520 Lake Koinonia • Dr. Woodstock, GA 30189
To use my diverse skills and abilities in a new and growing organization that has a need for individuals who possess a variety ofexpertise in value-based health care through education and experience. I am an experienced professional with a demonstrated history of working in the hospital and health care industry. I am skilled in Value Based Care and Payments, Bundled Payments for Care Improvement (BPCI), Healthcare Consulting, Population Health, Care Transitions, Nonprofit Organizations, Crisis Management, Medical Case Management, and Crisis Intervention
Remedy Partners Aug 2015 – Present
Post-Acute Network ManagerChicago, IL & Atlanta, GA
• Remedy Partners is the largest Awardee Convener under Medicare’s BPCI program, helping more than half the program participants successfully implement bundled payment models that have proven to improve patient care while reducing costs.
• In my role as Post-Acute Network Representative, I work alongside partnering hospitals, health systems, and physicians group practices that are part of the Bundled Payment for Care Improvement Program (BPCI). Part of my role includes being responsible for helping our partners utilize Remedy’s tools that will facilitate in decreasing length of stay, lowering readmission rates, increasing physician engagement and helping partners utilize the best next site of care for their patients.
• I am responsible for eleven partner accounts across five states, including ACH, hospitalist PGP partners and orthopedic PGP partners. I assist these partners with building their programs from the ground up, from EMR integration to managing their BPCI patients in the post-acute setting. In my role, I have successfully helped every partner I work with to achieve positive NPRA in each of the last six quarters.
• Other responsibilities include:
o Coordinate and lead bi-weekly meetings with PAC faculty at each facility to report outcomes and suggest improvements
o Establish and achieve quality improvement and cost reduction targets for network of facilities
o Identify high priority care management changes to improve performance and efficiency of facilities within local network
o Identify outlier cases for intervention by clinical staff
o Assure episodic case flow and develop performance relative to the Center for Medicare and Medicaid’s Bundled Payment for Care Improvement (BPCI) initiative focused on SNF length of stay goals and reduction in patient readmissions.
Atlanta Regional CommissionApr 2015 – Jan 2016
CCTP Program Enrollment Specialist Atlanta, GA
• In charge of program enrollment for the entire Community Based Care Transitions Program in the Atlanta region. I schedule 3 to 4 visits per day for 12 field coaches, covering 6 hospitals in the greater Atlanta area.
Atlanta Regional CommissionSep 2012 – Apr 2015
Lead Hospital Care Transitions CoachAtlanta, GA
• Based at Wellstar Kennestone Hospital in Marietta, GA, I managed appropriate patients for the Community Based Care Transitions Program. I also received direct referrals from hospital care coordinators and discharge planners, as well as presented at various meetings for doctors, hospital personnel, and social workers. I completed bedside visits with appropriate patients before scheduling them for an in-home visit with a field coach upon their discharge.
• Completed home visits for patients who had discharged from Wellstar Kennestone Hospital. Discussed each patients’discharge plan, medications, follow-up appointments, and any needed support services while meeting with them in their home. I also completed three follow up phone calls with each patient throughout the first 30 days after returning home from the hospital. Set up support services for patients as necessary.
Southeast Tennessee Development District Mar 2011 – Sep 2012
CHOICES Case Manager/Care Transitions Coach Chattanooga, TN
• CHOICES Case Manager: Completed in-home assessments for referred individuals who were interested in long term care nursing home/Medicaid services. I completed each patient’sapplication to determine if they would be eligible for Medicaid long term care services at home or in a nursing home.
• Care Transitions Coach: Completed home visits for patients who had discharged from Erlanger Medical Center in Chattanooga, TN. Discussed each patients’ discharge plan, medications, follow up appointments, and any needed support services while meeting with them in their home. I also completed three follow up phone calls with each patient throughout the first 30 days after returning home from the hospital. Set up support services for patients as necessary
D&S Community ServicesMar 2010 – Mar 2011
CHOICES Program Coordinator Chattanooga, TN
• Supervisor of 10-12 Certified Nursing Assistants and Home Health Aides. In charge of all Human Resource functions including: hiring, termination, payroll, new hire paperwork, scheduling staff to meet the needs of each consumer and other managerial tasks as appropriate.
• Enrolled new consumers who were accepted into the CHOICES Medicaid Waiver program and scheduled staff to meet their needs, including personal care services, housekeeping, and respite care services.
Free Will Baptist Family Ministries,May 2009 – Mar 2010
Case Manager Chattanooga, TN
Youth VillagesDec 2007 – May 2009
Family Intervention Specialist/Transitional Living Specialist Chattanooga, TN
University of Tennessee at Chattanooga2003 – 2007
Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice Chattanooga, Tennessee
Capella University 2012 – 2012
Master of Arts in Counseling Psychology Minneapolis, MN