Hi there! 👋 We are a woman-owned and operated web design agency dedicated to helping nutrition entrepreneurs build thriving, sustainable businesses online. Our primary offering is our online website-building course. We also provide ongoing maintenance and support to over 85 website clients, adding 20-25 new clients per quarter.
Our team is small and closely knit, but we run a growing agency, so every position is critical and everyone’s input is valued. Most importantly, our company culture is inspiring, creative, caring, and fun! 🙂
We are looking for a WordPress Customer Support Specialist with extensive knowledge of WordPress to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for providing exceptional support to our customers who use WordPress for their websites. Your primary duties will be to provide technical support, troubleshoot issues, and offer guidance to our customers.
The ideal person we are looking for is…
- Detail-oriented and methodical
- Efficient, and gets things done on time! Great time management skills.
- Pleasant to work with… fun personality and hard working 🎉💪
- Compassionate, conscientious, and kind – we treat each of our clients’ sites and technical issues like our own and never belittle or disregard our clients’ needs
- Communicative – asks questions, contributes ideas, and proactively provides updates on assignments and customer inquiries
- Excited by internal growth opportunities and working with us long-term
- A lover of processes – creating them, following them, improving them
- An excellent problem solver and researcher 🤓
- A “doer” – enjoys digging into the technical, nitty-gritty detailed tasks that come with running websites
This is a fully remote, part-time (10-12 hr/week) position, reporting to the Lead Developer. You will need to be available for at least 2 hours per day to monitor the support inbox (2 times per day) and address client needs. You will also communicate with the Owner, team members, and/or clients daily. Work hours are flexible, but we will occasionally require availability during Eastern Time (New York) business hours, to provide live customer support when needed (most of our clients are US-based in the Eastern time zone). You may occasionally be required to attend meetings outside normal business hours. We expect this position to grow over time, and we do have “busy times” where weekly hours may exceed 15 hours.
This role can be broken into two areas of accountability:
- Technical support for students in our website-building course
- Maintenance and ongoing support for our website clients
Website Course Technical Support
The website course runs 3-4 times per year, for 6 weeks, with additional support work for 2-3 weeks after the course ends. During that time, we install our website templates (on our clients’ hosting or our own); as they customize the template, we provide technical support via an online forum and live office hours on Zoom; and if needed, migrate their prior website posts to the new site and assist with pointing their domain to the new site.
In the WordPress Customer Support role, you will assist the Lead Developer with site installations and responding to technical support questions in the forum. You will also support site migrations (a smaller portion of sites). All sites are on WordPress and are built with either Divi or Elementor. Most sites are hosted by us.
Website Maintenance & Ongoing Support
Once students graduate from our course, they receive hosting and website maintenance from us. Our maintenance plans include managed hosting, plus weekly software updates (WordPress core, themes, plugins), daily backups, weekly security and uptime scans, and a weekly report on the status of their website. We utilize a management tool to manage our sites’ maintenance, but also do a monthly check to confirm our systems are fully operational and sites are secure and up-to-date. Our maintenance clients also receive 15 minutes or 1-2 hours per month (depending on their plan) of free email-based technical support. Our clients also occasionally hire us for more extensive website updates. The majority of the sites we manage are sites we built (either previously as custom website projects, or who came through our course).
In the WordPress Customer Support role, you will take over maintaining all of our websites, monitoring our hosting performance, and will be the first point of contact for tech support issues or website update requests. You will work closely with the Lead Developer as needed and correspond with other team members for projects that require scoping, design or strategic input, or that fall outside of the scope of development-related requests. Clients submit technical support requests or site update requests to a dedicated mailbox that you will manage.
You will also manage your tasks and assigned internal projects in our project management software, Wrike, and provide updates to the Lead Developer and Owner weekly.
Below are more detailed responsibilities and qualifications for the role.
- Responding to customer inquiries through email or our course forum in a timely and professional manner
- Occasionally recording short tutorial videos (screen recording and voiceover, no on-camera video required) to guide clients through technical questions
- Troubleshooting technical issues related to WordPress websites, including themes, plugins, and custom code
- Managing the maintenance of 85+ WordPress websites (software updates, security scans, backups, uptime monitoring via our management tool)
- Monitoring hosting capacity and performance, and resolving errors or issues as they arise
- Providing guidance to customers on best practices for managing and customizing their WordPress websites
- Attention to design best practices and site aesthetics when attending to client inquiries, upholding the design aesthetics and guidelines established by our agency
- Assisting customers with website migrations and domain transfers
- Collaborating with other departments to ensure customer satisfaction
- Escalating complex issues to the appropriate department or team member
- Keeping up-to-date with the latest WordPress updates and features, specifically with the tools (themes, page builders, and plugins) we utilize on client sites
- Maintaining accurate records of customer interactions and issues
- Providing feedback to management on customer concerns and potential areas for improvement
- Protecting client information and adhering to high-security standards at all times
- At least 2 years of experience working with WordPress, including experience with themes, plugins, and custom code
- Experience in a customer service or technical support role
- Significant experience working with Divi and Elementor, and Gutenburg for page design
- Experience with setting up and managing hosting for multiple websites (such as through an agency)
- Knowledge of domain management and DNS
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- High attention to detail (the secret word is “pizza” – you’ll need this when you apply)
- Able to follow established procedures, and problem-solve when things don’t go as planned
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Up-to-date computer and access to reliable internet
If you have a passion for WordPress and helping customers succeed, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity!
We are a woman-owned and operated web design agency dedicated to helping nutrition entrepreneurs build thriving, sustainable businesses online. Our primary offering is our online website-building course, The Dietitian Website System. We also provide ongoing maintenance and support to over 85 website clients. Our team is small and closely knit, but we run a growing agency, so every position is critical and everyone’s input is valued. Most importantly, our company culture is inspiring, creative, caring, and fun! 🙌 Learn more by visiting our website or checking us out on Instagram.