We are looking for a Philanthropy Manager (Part-time) to join our team!
The Philanthropic Manager is responsible for working with company leadership to implement the philanthropic vision & coordinate the strategic charitable giving strategies, programs, policies, performance & reporting for the corporate philanthropy function.
The Philanthropy Manager develops & manages relationships with non-profit partners & implements programming consistent with CCA & B’s philanthropic goals. He/she manages & coordinates all related corporate giving (in-kind, financial & employee volunteerism) & day-to-day philanthropy efforts. This is a hands-on position that requires both strategic & tactical implementation of philanthropy initiatives, as well as interaction with other functional departments throughout the organization in order to ensure strategic & comprehensive delivery on philanthropic initiatives.
The Philanthropy Manager is responsible for engaging & coordinating with individuals &/or organizations who request product donations &/or financial support from us for philanthropy related activities. He/she is also responsible for identifying potential partners for the future & managing relationships with existing corporate philanthropy partners. Once these partnerships are formalized, the Philanthropy Manager is responsible for interacting with program managers & executive leadership in these external organizations while serving as the ambassador for The Lumistella Company’s program.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities: “Essential functions” are primary job duties that incumbents must be able to perform unassisted or with some reasonable accommodation made by the employer.
1. Works with company leadership to develop, implement & evaluate Our philanthropy program consistent with industry best practices & in support of corporate goals & objectives for corporate giving;
2. Works with non-profit partners to create comprehensive giving strategies & identify needs & opportunities; Creates, obtains approval for & implements annual corporate giving strategic plan; Identifies new partnership opportunities & builds relationships;
3. Develops & makes recommendations for charitable giving recognition strategies & tactical project plans; Works with internal departments & external partners to develop & execute;
4. Manages charitable giving budget & activities ensuring there is a direct correlation to the Company’s philanthropic mission priorities &/or brand goals & objectives; Ensures program budget is managed effectively & within parameters established by leadership; Minimizes operational costs & maximizes charitable giving funds;
5. Develops & documents policies & procedures to ensure consistent & compliant internal processes & program strategies related to financial contributions, product donations & employee volunteerism.
6. Develops, executes & evaluates employee engagement programming designed to align employees with our philanthropic mission; Works with Human Resources to link philanthropic engagement to corporate citizenship;
7. Represents us in the community as an ambassador for our program through a variety of activities designed to develop relationships which will benefit the program now & in the future; Builds & enhances external relationships with community leaders, nonprofits & other key influencers;
8. Implements & evaluates systems & processes to support program components & ensure they are operating with optimal efficiency; Recommends ongoing refinement to systems, processes & programs with a focus on continuous improvement;
9. Develops & implements a comprehensive impact reporting model for core support & high impact contributions / investments made with strategic partners; Provides semi-annual report to Executive Leadership on impact;
10. Measures & reports on statistics to assess the effectiveness of philanthropic efforts in relation to goals & objectives; Prepares quarterly & annual reports on philanthropy activities;
11. Communicates with internal & external contacts to coordinate the philanthropy review, approval & fulfillment process;
12. Maintains documentation on all philanthropic efforts including requests, costs, correspondence & status; Collects donation letters & provide information to accounting to ensure tax deductions are taken;
13. Research & make recommendations for best practices consistent with the implementation & ongoing management of a best-in-class philanthropy program;
14. Develops program marketing plans in collaboration with internal departments; Works to integrate the brand stories into Philanthropy programming & vice versa; Partners with internal stakeholders to communicate & deliver compelling charitable giving stories & assets across platforms designed to create external exposure for the corporate philanthropy program & corporate giving activities.
15. Builds effective relationships with senior mgmt. their teams, ensuring input, advocacy & partnership in developing & executing the Philanthropy strategy.
16. Supports senior executive community engagement opportunities/activities as they tie to our charitable giving program.
17. Performs other duties & special projects as assigned; and
18. Protects company assets through the proper management of asset files & adherence to company policy about information security & management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. Min 3+ years related experience / background working for a non-profit or private company developing and supporting a philanthropy program in a full or part time capacity and/or demonstrated experience working as a volunteer to support similar efforts in a non-profit or academic setting.
2. Demonstrated experience managing a budget.
3. Undeniable passion for philanthropic endeavors; Demonstrated ability to think creatively, strategically, and tactically with regard to charitable contribution programs and opportunities; Demonstrated commitment to work and ability to deliver.
4. Demonstrated event management experience; Ability to create a plan, identify the tactical details, coordinate internal and external parties towards the plan and execute; Strong project management skills.
5. Exceptional collaboration, communication and relationship building skills; Able to facilitate, manage and work effectively across disciplines and levels, internally and externally.
6. Ability to deliver strong presentations, generate excitement, inspire action and rally the organization toward a common goal.
7. Strategic thinker with strong attention to detail and accuracy; Outstanding organizational and time management skills
8. Strong external engagement skills with the ability to build coalitions with stakeholders to leverage our programs and potentially “co-brand” initiatives with the right strategic partners.
9. Confident leadership style, organizationally agile and resilient, flexible and adaptable to changing needs;
10. Excellent writing skills including effective comprehension and communication;
11. Results-oriented individual who brings integrity, professionalism, and the ability to drive alignment and execution;
12. Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office 2010 – Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook; Technically savvy and able to learn new software systems quickly;
13. Active listening skills and ability to follow directions (hear, process and understand);
14. Problem analysis and problem-solving skills
15. Confident and decisive in stressful situations and tight time frames; Utilizes good judgment and demonstrates maturity, tact and diplomacy; Maintains confidences and utilizes the utmost in discretion.
1. Bachelor’s degree required in a related field.
Position requires 20-25 hours per week. Some hours in office will be required.
1. Normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, temperature and the like.
2. Requires sitting for extended periods of time, standing, visual acumen, and manual dexterity for working with computer keyboards.
3. Ability to travel via personal car to attend meetings and events on behalf of the organization.
4. Occasional travel within the continental United States.
5. Incumbent must be flexible to attend partnership events at various times of day on various days of the week.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions, responsibilities or requirements.
Who are we?
The Lumistella Company is a house of global brands driven by story. We have a passion for storytelling focused on the rich characters and timeless narrative of Santa’s North Pole. From this world born of ancient lore, the company creates joyful moments for all ages through products, entertainment and experiences. The Lumistella Company exists to preserve and elevate the magic and goodwill of Santa's North Pole universe for generations to come.
To learn more about our company, check out our web site at: www.Lumistella.com.
The Lumistella Company is an equal employment opportunity employer.