ISO virtual assistant meets content creator to support our growing consultancy and its founder, as well as our initiative. This is a remote, contract position for approximately 15-20 hours a month with opportunities for in-person collaboration (based upon location).
We are a strategic communications consultancy that helps businesses tell their story to inspire audiences and galvanize growth. Our clients are typically in senior living, healthcare, not-for-profits, faith-based, real estate, woman-owned businesses, and startups. The Spark Collective is a faith-based social community that encourages female founders in their entrepreneurial journeys.
If you are an excellent communicator and critical thinker with writing chops, social media savvy, and an obsession with to-do lists and deadlines, we’d love to hear from you! A bonus is if you are located in or near Gaithersburg, MD, and have experience with faith-based writing or initiatives.
The ideal candidate will support us through various responsibilities such as:
- Draft client reports, proposals, and correspondence as needed
- Conduct research (conference/event locations, vendors, prospective clients, gifts for clients)
- Create Powerpoint presentations
- Design social images/flyers within Canva
- Update social templates in Canva
- Create and manage bi-monthly e-newsletter (cull content, write overviews, upload images, layout in MailChimp template, test + distribute)
- Update and manage the Spark + Buzz and Spark Collective websites (post blogs, images, update plugins, etc.)
- Assist with event planning and execution of The Spark Summit day retreat (event planning, logistics, speaker agreements, promotion, grassroots outreach)
- Schedule and post to social media
- In collaboration with Founder, create social media content, write blog posts, and maintain an editorial calendar
- Curate ideas and products for client gifts
- Assist with client appreciation events (upcoming 5th-anniversary party)
- Manage schedules and correspondence for podcast interviews
- Develop and document standard operating procedures
Spark + Buzz Communications is a woman-owned strategic communications consultancy that helps businesses tell their story to inspire audiences and galvanize growth through creative and integrated branding, marketing and public relations solutions.
Launched in 2019, Spark + Buzz was created by our Founder Courtney Malengo. As a new mom, she didn't want to choose between her professional passions and her then-infant son. We believe moms are integral to the success of our society, not only in roles of caretaking and/or caregiving, but in the workplace too, so we have flexible schedules to accommodate family first.
The Spark Collective is a faith-based social community encouraging female founders in their entrepreneurial journeys. In-person gatherings formally occur six times a year in Montgomery County, Maryland. The Spark Collective and Spark + Buzz Communications also co-host the annual Spark Summit, a day-retreat open to all faith-led female founders and business owners.
QualificationsCandidate should be a strong writer and communicator, and familiar with WordPress, Microsoft Office, Google Workspace, Zoom/Google Meet, Canva, Asana, MailChimp, Eventbrite, Google Analytics and HubSpot (or other CRM systems).