You’re naturally skilled at building relationships. You geek out over the marketing funnel, data-driven digital campaigns, and creative ads in your IG feed. You know how to demonstrate your digital expertise, think strategically about digital marketing and advertising, and go toe-to-toe with the best of them. No, you didn’t just read your LinkedIn bio and yes, this is a real job posting.
If reading that was like looking in a mirror, we want you to join our account management team as a strategic Account Manager.
The ideal candidate is a client-focused proactive communicator who delivers a mean presentation and keeps track of the details while focusing on the big picture. If you’re up for the challenge of balancing client demands in a fast-paced agency environment, proving marketing ROI, and making new friends for life, apply to join our team today!
To Snag This Job You Must:
- Have minimum 2 years of professional experience managing client relationships in an agency, marketing company, or other B2B company
- Experience in digital marketing, including foundational concepts and advertising platforms
- Be cool, calm, and confident presenting to clients via phone, Zoom, or in-person
- Independently lead client calls or meetings
- Build positive relationships with client contacts, including C-suite executives, deans, doctors, directors, and owners
- Articulate our value to clients, the importance and effectiveness of digital strategies and campaigns
- Put clients first, always
- Hold yourself accountable
- Prioritize and manage your time independently
- Proficiently handle day-to-day tasks on Mac (including Google Docs & Microsoft Office)
Our Account Managers enjoy:
Ownership of client relationships & strategy: Account Managers are responsible for the client experience from onboarding to renewal and growth. Responsible for strategic planning and budget management, Account Managers enjoy autonomy to make decisions for their clients once they’ve demonstrated their effectiveness, and leverage support resources like coordinators and team lead. Integrated digital marketing strategies for our clients include SEO, social media, paid digital advertising, and more.
Outcome- and data-focused campaigns: Our Account Managers are responsible for defining measurable goals for our clients, and creating marketing strategies to achieve them. They work with campaign analysts, clients, and other colleagues to grasp the big picture and regularly review data analytics metrics to understand and report on campaign performance.
Strategic collaboration on digital marketing & advertising: Account Managers collaborate internally with digital advertising analysts, content specialists, graphic designers, web developers, account coordinators and externally with clients and other agencies to create effective digital marketing campaigns that help our clients’ businesses grow.
Frequent communication to stay in touch and on-task: Fully remote (for now) to keep our team safe, our well-established routine of daily huddles and weekly team meetings via Zoom, and our company-wide chat platform assure we stay frequently in touch and always on-task, all while having fun.
Commission / upsell opportunities: With a focus on growing our clients’ business and community impact through effective marketing strategies, Account Managers are able to earn commissions for increasing client budgets or selling existing clients new services.
Training & tools: We provide extensive training on both our services and our processes, as well as tools to make your job efficient including custom software and CRMs in which client projects and tasks are tracked and organized. We also have a culture of continuous improvement – meaning Account Managers contribute to the efficiency and effectiveness of their own department through problem-solving and process refinement.
Mentorship & skill development: Every team member has access to a mentor from another part of the organization and ongoing 1on1s with their direct manager, supporting growth and skill development. Employees are supported to complete certifications relevant to their work.
Proven success in several industries: We represent successful clients across a spectrum of industries. Education, medical, and tourism are our specialties. Previous experience marketing these industries is preferred.
Bonus Points If You:
- Have 5 years of full-time work experience
- Hold a bachelor’s degree or postgraduate degree/certificate in marketing, advertising, communications, digital media or a commensurate level of experience
- Have experience managing digital campaigns for client(s) in the education industry
- Are an engaging storyteller
- Self-reflect when things go wrong
- Have experience with tracking time, managing billable time and media budgets
- Hold project management, data analytics, or digital media certifications
- Are a little bit weird. You’ll fit right in
- Familiarity with a Customer Relationship Management / task management systems (SugarCRM, SalesForce, Hubspot CRM)
Search Influence is a New Orleans born-and-raised digital agency providing full-service digital marketing to businesses across the country.
With a staff of more than 30 full-time employees, Search Influence is proud to offer a wide range of digital marketing services, including online advertising, search engine optimization, analytics and lead tracking, content marketing, social media and more since 2006.
We promote an inclusive and diverse workplace. We believe unequivocally that diversity leads to creativity, better client relationships and a better company. We are working hard to diversify our team through hiring and ongoing education. Our IDEA committee is open to all -- even you, on your first day with us.
You’ll quickly notice that at Search Influence, our employees are extremely important to us, so we offer great benefits and perks that put our people first. We offer all the usual agency benefits like vacation, 401k and all the insurances. But these are some of our benefits and perks that set us apart (or “that people talk about”).
- Year round flexible schedule
- Within your full-time schedule take advantage of “flex time” outside of our core working hours, so that you can deal with those personal things that pop up from time to time!
- Dependent Care Accounts making childcare more affordable
- Access to financial advisors & wellness tools
- Maternity / Paternity / Adoptive Parental Leave
- Company-sponsored team building activities and events