JD – Business Operations Manager
We are a smart Internet of Things (IoT) ring that serves both as a panic button and a GPS tracker for children and adults. The ring—which received a foundational patent is easy to use, is a subtle accessory, and is always “on-hand.”
We prefer to hire out of Houston or Austin, TX but remote is absolutely an option if it suits you better! Flexibility guaranteed.
This job is offered as either full-time or part-time. You choose.
Our tech startup is located in Houston, TX, and is in the R&D stage. We are looking for a business operations manager to be an integral part of the CEO office and work closely with the leadership team to help run the business and operations more effectively. In this role, you will help primarily contribute through Program Management, Operational Cadence, Business Insights, and Communications. You will define and execute the Rhythm of the Business for the office of the CEO. You will collaborate cross-functionally and serve as a critical partner for senior leaders on various key projects. This role requires a highly resourceful, self-driven individual with the ability to partner and lead through influence. In this role, you’ll report to the CEO.
– Identify and own key projects to drive operational efficiency.
– Drive and manage the OKR process for the CEO to track goals effectively (use metrics to facilitate alignment on key issues and opportunities).
– Define and lead rhythm of the startup à capture key insights and follow-up on actions accordingly: ensure work, people, and resources are aligned against the highest priorities and escalate as necessary to resolve misalignments.
– Drive key organizational initiatives, strategic projects, and process improvements.
– Be a thought partner to leadership on the organization’s priorities and goals, challenges, and execution.
– Own and lead the preparation and follow-up for all key discussions that involve the CEO and the Management team.
– Liaise with cross-functional partners to facilitate support for organizational priorities, including sales, partnerships, and marketing.
– Lead ad hoc leadership initiatives as needed.
Additional Responsibilities – Working Directly with the CEO on:
– Strategy – Analyze organizational effectiveness, data, and metrics for the company. Understanding internal strengths, weaknesses, processes, workflows, and our best opportunities.
– New Business Initiatives – Develop business plans to support company growth, personnel development, incentive programs, and economic projections.
– Financials & Analytics – Formulate metrics, budgets, reports, and presentations to ensure accountability. Identify opportunities and recommendations to manage company costs and growth, capital investments, and expansion of sales and marketing.
– Minimum of 8-10 years experience in project management with agile proficiency, strategy, management consulting, research, or operations.
– Ability to rapidly learn new business functions and processes, tech-savvy.
– Proven ability to achieve quality results in a high-pressure, rapidly changing environment requiring flexibility and adaptability to changing directives.
– Strong analytical and critical thinking skills to evaluate data, identify trends, draw conclusions, and determine actions needed.
– Strong communication skills in writing, speaking and presenting at all levels.
– Effective Program Management skills, with demonstrated ability to lead complex strategic and operational initiatives.
– Ability to work across multiple functions – including Sales, Product, Communications, Finance, Marketing, Legal, HR, and Operations.
– A self-starter who loves to own things end-to-end; you don’t ask for permission, you make it happen.
– Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
– Prior experience in CEO/COO office and/or management consulting is a plus.
– Masters’s degree is a plus (MBA/finance preferable).
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
A fast-growing technology startup that is focused on increasing child's personal safety and fighting child sex trafficking with technology.
CEO is an international and accoladed inventor and entrepreneur. She resides in Houston, TX but travels quite a bit (when covid allows).