Podcast Research Assistant
Remote position, Part-time
Our specialized PR agency is seeking a part-time podcast research assistant who will support our pitch team by researching, sourcing and performing light networking duties with new podcasts.
If you’re a self-motivated go-getter that loves listening to podcasts, has a tendency to fact check new information and has strong writing skills, this is a great opportunity for you. You would be working closely with our database manager, as well as our pitch team, doing research into new podcasts we could connect with on behalf of clients, identifying their content needs and engaging them on social media.
If you’re hoping to break into the growing podcast industry, or are simply looking for a well-defined work-from-home job that fits your schedule, we encourage you to apply!
This is a part-time position of 20 hours a week. We do need you to be able to work a set scheduled Monday-Friday from roughly 9 am – noon Eastern, but we can offer some flexibility if you need to start a bit later or earlier. We also have a weekly hour-long staff meeting on Mondays at 3 pm Eastern that you would need to participate in.
About this Job
As a podcast research assistant, you will be joining our team as a part-time employee reporting to our database manager and supporting our entire pitch team.
- Researching podcast opportunities and creating podcast outreach lists
- Light database management by keeping our podcast records up-to-date
- Developing interview prep documents for clients — note, this includes both a research and writing component and is a big part of this job
- Sharing client podcast placements on our Podcast Ally Instagram account
- Networking with podcasts by engaging with them on their own Instagram accounts
- Following and refining established procedures and best practices
This Role is Right For You If:
- You are highly organized and have no problem keeping track of and meeting deadlines
- You have a natural tendency to double-check small details and are the kind of person that likes to research new interests
- You can clearly communicate the information you’ve researched in writing
- You love discovering new podcasts and feel comfortable engaging with folks on social media
Compensation Range: $15-$18 an hour
Podcast Ally is a micro agency that matches business owners, authors and thought leaders with podcasts who are facilitating deep conversations with engaged audiences.
The company started as a solo consultancy, but as demand for our work has grown, we’re thoughtfully expanding.
Brigitte Lyons founded Podcast Ally after a long career in PR, when she realized that podcasts are the most influential media platform for leaders who want to have a deeper conversation about their work.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and you would be joining a small, diverse team. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Key Benefits of Working at Podcast Ally
- We are a fully remote, distributed team. Because we are remote-first, you will never be the odd-person out working from home
- Work only during working hours. Brigitte’s background is in public affairs and crisis communications, and one of her main drivers in founding her own company was to create a saner, more humane agency environment. We actively discourage emailing clients or your team after work hours, and we don’t take work with us on vacation!
- Paid time off. All full- and part-time employees are eligible for PTO and sick time.
- Let your expertise shine. We work hard to eliminate distractions and busywork from your day, so you can do the work that you do best, and celebrate your wins!