This is a fantastic opportunity for a results-driven and hands-on individual to join the team.
Reporting directly to the business owner, this role is responsible for implementing marketing
campaigns to generate leads, acquire new customers and retain existing customers.
As the Marketing Coordinator you will be responsible for coordinating, planning and
executing marketing campaigns across multiple media channels.
You will establish a collaborative working relationship with the business owner who will work
with you on strategic and big picture goals.
Your job will be to take the strategic guidance and make it a reality with tactical
implementation and execution. The ability to organise, plan and structure your workload in
an autonomous fashion will be absolutely key to your success in this role. We neither have
the time nor the inclination to micromanage you. You’ll have a lot of freedom in this role but
also a lot of responsibility.
The six non-negotiables of this role are:
- Copywriting . You’ll be crafting direct marketing campaigns across email, direct mail,
web and social media. Your written skills need to be excellent and we will expect to
see samples of your previous work.
- Being tech savvy . You don’t need to be a technical expert but you must be tech
savvy and be able to quickly learn how to use new marketing tools and technologies.
While we don’t expect you to know all of the tools we use, we do expect you to be
comfortable with it and able to pick up the concepts. Your daily tools of the trade will
be CRM systems, content management systems, email marketing etc.
- Leadership potential . Initially you’ll be our only in-house marketing person but as
you hit goals, we fully expect this role to morph into a marketing team leader role
where you will manage a team of marketing assistants.
- Project management. Ideally you’ve had experience in project management. A large
part of this role is creating and adhering to deadlines, drafting budgets, and moving
simultaneous projects forward to completion.
- Being teachable and coachable . There will be a LOT of learning on the job as we
do marketing very differently. There is no place here for know-it-alls. We hire based
primarily on attitude.
- Being a self-starter. Goals will be clearly defined from the outset. Often, it will be
your job to determine what needs to happen, when and how. The attitude of
continually starting things on your own is very important.