Calling all pet chicken lovers! Are you seeking a fresh opportunity, offering flexibility and the ability to work from home? Maybe you’re sick of commuting, need flexibility for family time, or you’re ready to jump back into the workforce after raising kids. This could be the opportunity you are searching for! Whether it’s savoring slower mornings with your favorite cup of coffee, being able to pick your kids up from school, or exercising during your lunch break, we love offering an exciting position that caters to your lifestyle. Our company loves the idea that skillful, hard-working employees can make an impact while enjoying all the benefits of working from home.
We are currently seeking backyard chicken enthusiasts to fill additional customer service roles. In this role, you’ll get paid to do something you love, helping others and talking about chickens! We are a well-established family business, selling live chicks and supplies to small farms and backyard chicken enthusiasts across the US. Under new ownership, we have exciting growth plans and goals that require more help for this key position.
We hire passionate chicken people from across the US, but due to varying state employment regulations we prefer to hire in the following states: AL, AR, GA, IA, IN, KS, KY, LA, MS, MT, NC, ND, NE, NH, OH, OK, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, WI, WV, WY
Customer Service is an entry-level position with excellent opportunities for advancement, as we frequently promote from within the company. If you have other professional skills that may benefit our company, we’d love to hear about them. Come be a part of the backyard chicken craze that is sweeping the nation!
- Must currently keep a flock of chickens- We may make rare exceptions for temporary circumstances or well-qualified individuals looking to start a flock.
- Quiet time and place for phone calls
- Fast and reliable home internet connection
- Character matches My Pet Chicken’s core values
CARE & COOPERATION– We care for our customers, our co-workers, and our flocks. We are friendly, fun, and eager to help.
ENTHUSIASM– We strive for excellence and aim to master the knowledge and skills vital to our work. We are active in helping Henlay and My Pet Chicken continue to grow and thrive.
VIRTUE– Beyond honesty, we show kindness, goodness, and self-control. We can be counted on to do the right thing even when no one is watching.
- Respond to customers in a warm, professional manner, by email, phone, and chat
- Answer customer questions about chick and chicken care
- Share your personal experience keeping chickens with customers
- Process customer-requested order changes and cancellations
- Enter data accurately on internal reports
- Proficiency with e-commerce software including Shopify+, Gmail, G-Suite, and Gorgias
- Ability to learn order processing, inventory, and content management systems with training
- Accurate spelling and grammar, and the ability to express yourself clearly in writing
- Problem-solving skills
- Meticulous attention to detail with both note-taking and follow-through
- Compassion and enthusiasm for humane care
My Pet Chicken was founded 15 years ago, quickly becoming an essential resource for backyard chicken owners and those curious about them. Since then, the chicken-keeping phenomenon has exploded, offering a fun hobby and a personal food source for these uncertain times. We ship live chicks, waterfowl, and hatching eggs nationwide, as well as chicken coops, and chicken-keeping accessories.
QualificationsMust currently keep a flock of chickens- We may make rare exceptions for temporary circumstances or well-qualified individuals looking to start a flock. Quiet time and place for phone calls Fast and reliable home internet connection Character matches My Pet Chicken's core values