Do you want to be part of a high energy, innovative brand & web design agency where you love the work you do every day – and working from your home office? Do you want to be part of a supportive team where you can do your best work and contribute to its mission and growth?
We are looking for a sharp North America-based Executive Assistant (preferably Canadian) that’s a team player with strong communication skills to help us coordinate the different moving parts of the business, overseeing client onboarding and projects to ensure they are moving along and help streamline systems.
You’ll work closely, and learn, from the founder who is a design and marketing expert, and be given the tools and support you need. For the right candidate, this position offers a ton of growth opportunities.
This is a virtual position working where you’ll be working with a distributed team, perfect if you’re a parent who wants a flexible job during school hours. The time investment will be about 10 hours per week for the first 2 months for training. As we gain more momentum, your hours would increase to 20hrs/week and more overtime. You must have a distraction-free workspace. The hours can be flexible, but you must be reliable, and available during Pacific Standard time.
- Have experience working as executive assistant directly with a CEO and would be thrilled to be part of a cutting edge boutique branding & web agency where we create incredible websites for our clients that help them grow and gain more traction.
- You have some experience with marketing and/or working in an agency style business.
- You are a master implementor. Getting sh*t done is your modus operandi. You are comfortable taking the lead on a project, are a proactive implementer who can take a big idea strategy we give you, and systemize them and oversee to make it happen.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills and feel very comfortable doing some light copywriting editing and proof reading.
- You have a knack for tech tools and apps and can pick things up very quickly. You have experience working WordPress, PM apps like ClickUp (our app of choice), Asana, Trello, Slack, Voxer, etc.
- You are comfortable with video Zoom for meetings (you have a working webcam), and willing to hop on as needed, or by phone.
- You’ve managed inboxes, can sort, filter and delegate emails to the right people.
- Experience overseeing projects and feel comfortable overseeing other team members to ensure projects are running smoothly, and on time.
- Love a fast paced environment and learning new skills. You
- You are incredibly detail oriented, resourceful and think quick on your feet. You are a natural systems thinker, you see opportunities to improve existing systems and methods of operation. You love organizing things, to the point this is pure fun for you. Designing systems, creating plans and managing schedules is totally in your zone of genius.
- A big plus if you have a natural eye for design (you have a good sense of style and can tell a great website from a bad looking one) and even some experience using design tools such as Canva, Photoshop or choosing stock photography for projects.
- Are not looking to grow with a company and not become an entrepreneur and run your own business (we love entrepreneurship— but it’s not a match for this extremely supportive role.)
How To Apply:
- In the subject line please write “Hi, I’m YOUR NAME from (insert your city / town) & I’m interested in the Executive Assistant position.”
- In the body, please write a 13-sentence email including:
- Paragraph #1: Two sentence opening salutation that says: ” My name is _____. I’m from ____ and I’d like to apply for a job posted on your website.”
- Paragraph #2: Recent experience(s) you’ve had that you can apply to this job, hourly rate and location (time zone). (black font, Sans Serif, 2 sentences)
- Paragraph #3: How do you keep yourself organized and what organizational tool you rely on most? (red font, Sans Serif, 3 sentences)
- Paragraph #3: Explain why you think you’re a great fit for this role, what about this job post is most appealing to you, and what you want to learn next to develop your skills further, and who is your favourite thought leader and why? (blue font, Verdana, 4 sentences)
- A closing salutation including your name, email address, phone number, LinkedIn link if you have one.
- BONUS If you have taken the Kolbe A Index, or Strengths Finder 2.0 please include your four-digit Kolbe MO.
- Also, if you already have a resume, please attach a copy.
Looking forward to seeing your application!