Are you passionate about fitness, committed to quality, and excited to talk with people about making a real impact in their lives?
Have you thought about getting into the fitness industry but not interested in being a trainer or instructor?
Are you interested in a position that allows you to work from home?
If so, keep reading.
This position is only for professionals with a great attitude and strong communication skills. If that’s you, I’d like to talk with you about an immediate opening with guaranteed pay, lots of upside, fantastic health insurance paid for by us (after a 3 month trial period), and a host of other benefits usually reserved for people dressing up in business attire and showing up to a cubicle at 8 a.m. each day (so glad I left that lifestyle behind!)
My name is Justin Singer and I run a boutique fitness studio called Mekanix in Houston, Texas. Mekanix helps women and men of all ages and primarily aged 35– 60 achieve greatness through fitness. We offer a variety of services that are sustainable, effective at all ages, and most importantly get results. Our services include strength and conditioning primarily through calisthenics (bodyweight strength training); recovery including flexibility classes and fire and ice (sauna + ice bath); and pool workouts (low impact, high results.) Our services are a time tested, fun, and powerful way for people of all ages and levels to improve their health and their bodies. When people commit, they not only achieve great things in the gym, but great things in all areas of their life. Those are the results that make me proud of running this business!
I’m looking for an enthusiastic, motivated, and energetic person to join our team as a Sales and Customer Service Representative. You’ll call new prospects with the goal of setting up an initial consultation, follow-up with them consistently to make the sale, and check in with new clients according to a regular schedule.
Please read this entire job description to see if it’s a good fit for you and learn how to apply.
Job Title: Sales and Customer Service Representative
Location: Houston, TX – Montrose area.
The company: Mekanix offers sustainable, effective fitness training for men and women aged 35 – 60 to help them achieve greatness through fitness. Read more about us at http://www.mekanixhouston.com
The position: You’ll work as a Sales and Customer Service Representative for Mekanix. You’ll work directly for the owner, a fitness enthusiast with a proven entrepreneurial track record. You’ll work with our existing members to make sure they have an amazing experience, help introduce new members to Mekanix, and connect with the community to coordinate events and form new partnerships.
Job Hours: Part-time and full-time candidates will be considered. Approximately 20 – 40 hours a week anticipated. Full time candidates can expect approximately 40 hours a week. Leads come in throughout the day and should be follow-up with by phone within 5 minutes of receipt for best results.
Compensation: $15/hr base compensation + bonus for each sale (bonus paid monthly. ) Full time candidates can expect approximately 40 hours a week.
Benefits: Mekanix offers the best benefits in the business, including:
1) Health insurance. We offer top tier health insurance and pick up most of the cost.
2) Dental insurance. We offer top tier dental insurance.
3) Retirement plan. We offer a generous retirement plan including 3% employer match.
4) Professional development. We bring in the top tier instructors to educate our team on things like strength training, anatomy, sales, leadership, etc.
5) Team Events. Mekanix hosts and pays for regular team events such as lunches and fitness adventures on a monthly basis.
6) Free Studio Membership. You receive a free membership to train at our studio. Remote workers – you’ll have access to our online training.
Professional Growth: During the interview process, I’ll share my vision for the next 3 years and review our December 2022 Vision document with you. Our plan for studio growth provides numerous avenues for your professional growth. This is all in addition to the regular professional growth opportunities listed in the Benefits section above.
This position will provide a solid foundation to progress to other opportunities within Mekanix including:
• Studio Manager
• Online Content Creator
• Online Content Manager
• And more!
Sales and Customer Service Representative duties include:
• Follow-up via phone with prospective customers. Address inquiries ASAP within receipt, ideally within 5 minutes of receipt.
• Update CRM daily and weekly to maintain accurate sales pipeline and updated customer records.
• Contact existing members to ensure customer satisfaction, gather additional information such as targeted survey feedback, and update customer records.
• Attend Weekly Company Meetings
• Other duties as required or requested.
Here’s who this position is NOT for:
• Those who are not comfortable having sales-oriented calls.
• Those who are not punctual.
• Those who are not self-motivated.
• Those who are not creative and resourceful.
• Those who aren’t comfortable wearing many hats.
You should meet this description:
• You are excited about our mission and identify with our values. Read about them here: http://mekanixhouston.com/about
• You want to be part of implementing our vision. Read about it here: http://mekanixvision.com
• You have a passion for fitness and health.
• You have good communication skills. You must be comfortable conversing on the phone, and know how to conduct yourself professionally and deliver clear instructions to the clients. I’ll teach you everything you need to do, but I can’t teach you manners and professionalism.
• You have great people skills and personality.
• You are:
o Open to being coached.
o Comfortable working on your own.
o Intellectually curious. Interested in learning and understanding.
HOW TO APPLY: Send your resume and a cover letter in PDF format to the email above. Make sure to apply directly by e-mail and not by clicking Apply through the site. In the body of your email, include the word “Jupiter” and where you saw this job posting. To receive top priority, include a link to a favorite workout routine you did for yourself or a friend / client. This could be a link to an Instagram post, YouTube video, or even a quick video you shot on your phone and loaded onto DropBox, Google Docs, or iCloud.
Mekanix helps women and men of all ages and primarily aged 35– 60 achieve greatness through fitness. We offer a variety of services that are sustainable, effective at all ages, and most importantly get results. Our services include strength and conditioning primarily through calisthenics (bodyweight strength training); recovery including flexibility classes and fire and ice (sauna + ice bath); and pool workouts (low impact, high results.) Our services are a time tested, fun, and powerful way for people of all ages and levels to improve their health and their bodies. When people commit, they not only achieve great things in the gym, but great things in all areas of their life. Those are the results that make me proud of running this business!
Read more about us at http://www.mekanixhouston.com
Read about our Mission and Values here: http://mekanixhouston.com/about
Read about our 3 year vision here: http://mekanixhouston.com/about