We are looking for a Tax Accountant to join our team with a schedule of 30-ish hours per week during tax season and 20-ish hours in the off-season. You will be responsible for client tax returns and client services such as answering questions, addressing tax notices, representing clients and doing research to find answers.
Our firm is fully remote-capable. We use zoom, a cloud portal, e-signature, etc to service our clients. We use a cloud-based tax software and project management software to manage employee jobs and tasks. Employee schedule is flexible, we just ask that you join a one-hour weekly staff meeting during business hours and answer client questions in one business day.
- Prepare individual tax returns and business tax returns
- Provide excellent customer service to our clients and potential clients
- Address client questions about tax matters from a broad understanding of tax law
- Work with our small business clients and speak their language
- Examine accounting records to produce accurate tax returns
- Experienced tax professional, Enrolled Agent preferred
- Ability to prepare individual tax returns and business tax returns independently
- Drake software experience preferred
- PTIN or ability to obtain one required
- 5 years experience preferred, detailed tax knowledge required
- Friendly personality and a love of working with people
- Comfortable meeting and talking to clients and guiding them
- Detail and deadline-oriented
- Strong analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- QuickBooks experience preferred
- Ability to work cooperatively with your team – we are drama-free workplace.
We are a woman-owned business with a culture of kindness and excellence, we are a casual workplace and want to build a team to grow with us.
We are an accounting and consulting firm specializing in helping small to medium-sized businesses succeed. We do bookkeeping, taxes, tax planning, and business advisory services. We treat our clients like partners and friends. We are small but growing and our most important goal is being a great place to work! We offer 401k and paid sick and vacation time to all employees, even part-timers. We have a close-knit team that loves working together and are passionate about our mission to help people and small businesses thrive.