We are looking for an efficient, knowledgable, and highly organized AAPC certified Medical Coding & Billing Specialist to join our team. Exceptional newly certified candidates will be considered. Our vision is to keep independent physicians independent. IPS is a Revenue Cycle Management Company where every claim counts. Our environment is driven and friendly.
Independent Physiatry Services Medical Billing and Coding Specialist Job Description
Drive revenue by creating and sending clean claims to insurance companies and patients.
- Accurate and timely application of ICD-10 and CPT codes to physician documentation.
- High level knowledge of insurance regulations, health insurance contracts, and revenue cycle management.
- Expertly communicate in both written and verbal forms with team, patients, and physicians. Relative Value Unit (RVU) goals.
- Extracts relevant information from patient records and acts as liaison with physicians and other parties to clarify information
- Examines documents and recognizes lack of or missing information; communicates and corrects information as needed
- Assigns CPT, HCPCS, and ICD-10-CM
- Performs patient chart audits and provides coding feedback and education to physicians
- Answers questions, advises, and trains physicians and their staff on medical coding
- Informs supervisor of issues and complications with billing software, and submits service tickets through AdvancedMD, RXNT, Waystar, ChangeHealth, Practice Fusion, Patient Keeper, Point Click Care
- Ensures compliance with medical coding policies and guidelines; understands the application of each code set
Maintains high level knowledge regarding coding and diagnostic procedures
- Maintains practice management system by entering accurate data, verifying and updating insurance, and claims information, handles carrier correspondence, manages EOBs, and keys payments received into the system
- Collects, posts and manages patient account payments
- Prepares, reviews, submits, and follows up with clean claims to various companies/individuals
- Investigates rejected claims to see why denials were issued and correct claims.
- Completes Claims Center daily tasks including charge review and claims inspector; creates and maintains custom claim edits and works
- Reviews and provides RCM weekly and monthly reports including productivity and financial reports as directed and completes action steps as necessary
- Follows HIPAA guidelines when accessing and sharing patient information; Maintains patient and business confidentiality
- Provides timely and professional customer service, verify discrepancies by and resolve patient billing issues, answer questions from patients, facility staff, and third-party vendors.
- Supports additional coding, billing, and practice management projects as needed
Vision: To keep independent physicians independent.
Values: Efficient. Reliable. Knowledgeable.
- Welcome Change and Implement
- Be Accurate and Aware
- Solve and Communicate
You will love working here if you resonate with our team culture.
- We make decisions that support our mission of keeping independent physicians independent.
- We keep things efficient.
- We don’t waste time, effort, or resources.
- We have solid technical computer skills.
- We are loyal to our team and back each other up.
- We do work accurately the first time, clean claims.
- We embrace rapid change by staying up to date in our industry.
- We rely on great systems and processes.
- We are ahead of the game.
- We meet difficult situations directly with communicative language.
- We research solutions and ask detailed informed questions.
- We care about each other and are invested in each others accomplishments.
- We own and accept.
- We understand and implement industry compliance.
- We love helping our clients in all realms of business.
- We are kind to patients and their families.
- We know the effect of our roles on the roles of others.
- Our environment is driven and friendly.
QualificationsHighly Organized, Solution Seeker, Collaborator, AAPC Certification