Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
The benefit financial specialist will work 25 hours/week with the Benefits team to process, allocate and update benefit budget financial reporting accurately and timely.
- Process daily, weekly, and monthly vendor claim funding and promptly provide back-up to the Treasury Department.
- Reconcile and process monthly premium invoices for 15 vendors (medical, dental, vision, life/AD&D, officer life, keyman life, disability, HSA, FSA, and ancillary plans) by the expected due date. Allocate cost by company, coverage tier, category, etc. Maintain written processing instructions related to the reconciliation and invoice completion for each vendor.
- Assist with maintaining federal and multi-state compliance requirements including Form 5500 preparation and non-discrimination testing for Section 105(h), Section 127, and Flexible Spending plans. Ensure timely reporting under SanFrancisco’s Commuter Benefits Ordinance, Health Care Security Ordinance, and Health Care Accountability Ordinance. Complete state disability reporting as needed.
- Prepare monthly reports for the benefits budget, headcount participation, and vendor utilization.
- Prepare internal reports (e.g., ICS and CPEG) and ad hoc reports.
- Assist with the billing rate benefit-cost calculation and prepare the quarterly billing rate report.
- Assist with special projects and complete other duties as assigned.
- Ability to process large amounts of data and identify, troubleshoot and resolve issues
- Exceptional attention to detail and insistence on accuracy
- Strong research techniques
- High proficiency with Excel
- Ability to maintain and secure confidential information
- High mathematical aptitude
- Self-starter, results-oriented team player
- Strong organizational and time management skills, ability to multi-task and prioritize workload
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
There is a reason that Clark is a leader in the construction industry. Simply put, it’s our people. You can play a critical role in the future of our cities and communities with a career at Clark Construction. From monuments and museums to stadiums, hospitals, universities, highways, hotels, and more, Clark has shaped America’s skyline for over a century. Our work leaves a lasting legacy; the same goes for our people. We owe our success to the leadership, talent, and drive of our employees. With a wide range of opportunities from management, to finance, to engineering, and more, explore the many ways to grow your career and build your own legacy at Clark. Come be a part of our team, today!
Qualifications2 - 4 years of invoice analysis experience (including reconciliation, auditing, and compliance) Benefit experience preferred General human resource knowledge Bachelor’s degree or related discipline Workday experience helpful