We are looking for an experienced virtual paralegal/case manager who can step in and hit the ground running to help us deliver superior legal services to our clients. Practice areas include: Business, Entertainment, Intellectual Property, and Wills/Estates.
Here’s what you’d be doing…
– Support the attorneys and manage our caseload including research, drafting/reviewing contracts, preparation of correspondence, memoranda, pleadings, estate planning documents, and other legal documents as the case requires;
– Prepare and file legal documents with the Court electronically;
– Prepare and file trademark applications;
– Prepare entity formation filings electronically;
– Create a workflow system in order to properly calendar and manage filing deadlines and response requirements;
– Maintain an organized electronic filing system (we use Dropbox);
– Weekly adherence to task list deadlines;
– Keep detailed records of all time billed, communications and activities using case management software;
– Liaise with other support staff to ensure an efficient workflow; and
– Additional duties as assigned
For this to be a good fit, you must have excellent communication skills and be very familiar with cloud-based applications in order to efficiently work virtually. We also prefer that you be available during normal business hours to communicate with clients and for a weekly team meeting via video conference.
Weekly hourly commitment 20-30 hours to start, with the potential to be full-time.
When submitting your proposal, please include in your cover letter your previous experience working virtually, your level of comfort with technology, particularly our case management software, MyCase; your level of experience in these practice areas; and your maximum time commitment.
We are looking to build a long term relationship with the right person.
Gray Legal, P.C. (GLPC) is a virtual law firm that helps modern businesses and families protect what matters most.
GLPC is currently going through a restructuring of practice areas as we streamline our current practice mix to include two divisions: Your Legacy Counsel, where Wills, Trusts, and Probate matters are handled by a team of skilled professionals to help clients protect their assets, loved ones, and legacy; and Bedrock Law where the legal needs of creative entrepreneurs & artists are met by providing business, entertainment, and intellectual property counsel to help them protect their brands and creative work.
Having a virtual law firm (also known as an online law office) allows us to deliver safe and secure representation to our clients, no matter where they are physically located. We use a secure client portal for all client communication and case-related documents. This is great because it gives our clients 24/7 access to everything going on with their case. And most importantly it’s secure which helps keep all communications confidential.