Here’s the good stuff:
- You get to work from home. This also means you must be a self-starter as there won’t be anyone there to tell you when to work.
- The hours are flexible. You will be assigned work and there will be deadlines. How you meet those deadlines is up to you. The specific times of day you work are up to you with the exception of a weekly team huddle and weekly check in with the CEO.
- There is no stress, no rush or panic. I just need someone who is EXTREMELY detailed, reliable, organized, customer-service oriented and professional.
- We will train you in the Profit First system and pay you for that time.
- We are a growth-oriented company. If you enjoy reading, you’ll be rewarded and will fit in and can definitely learn more about our methods and possibly grow into a new position, if desired
Here is the job:
- Reviewing the work of the bookkeeping team before emailing results to clients.
- Assisting coaches to understand financial statements of our clients and completing assessments to get clients started with increased profitability.
- Assist and train bookkeepers on areas for improvement based on questions and review process.
- Assist with client onboarding and historical transaction entry projects.
We are always looking for ways to improve in the organization. If you have a sense of how systems and processes work, there is room to make your job more efficient.
This job will require tech-savviness and excellent communication, via both real time conversation and written notes.
This job is ideal for someone:
- with experience working with multiple small businesses (think CPA firm without the tax season stress).
- who knows everything is “figureoutable” and wants to be the one to figure it out.
- who’s heard of Profit First and think it’s the best thing to happen to accounting since double-entry.
- who has worked remotely in the past and knows Loom, Zoom & Slack.
We are looking to bring someone on board as soon as possible, but will spend the time to find the best fit both in abilities and cultural fit. A qualified candidate must enjoy learning, being stretched to grow and will ultimately be an integral part of our family away from our families.
Currently, this position is approximately 10 hrs/wk or 40 hrs/mo (the hours aren’t spaced evenly throughout the month because of the month-end review process) with compensation between $30-$40/hour and an ability to increase your hourly rate as you increase efficiency, improve the review process and train bookkeepers. These hours may increase as we bring on new clients until you are at your pre-determined workload. Just like any small business… as the business grows, so do the opportunities for new work and bigger and better job roles. We can’t guarantee we will continue to grow, of course, but it is a true possibility. Right now, we are regularly adding new clients.
A couple more things that will help you make the most of this opportunity:
- Be open to receiving helpful observations for improvement.
- Be willing to speak up when you disagree
- Have the ability to say, “I don’t know but I am happy to find an answer for you,” and then follow through on that promise.
- One more thing….Please, No Whiners or Complainers! If you find yourself blaming others for your problems instead of taking personal responsibility, you will not like it here!
If you are interested, please click here to apply.
We are excited to meet you.
Fit For Profit is a firm that specializes in guiding wellness business owners to ‘Keep More Money’ through better accounting and proprietary financial systems. We are a 100% remote business based in Fort Wayne, IN. We currently have 6 team members.
We are committed to justice, equity, inclusion, and anti-racist behavior and practices. We encourage Black, Indigenous, Latinx, Asian, and those who hold other marginalized identities to apply.