FinOptimal seeks experienced in-house accountants with controllership experience (active CPA license a plus) for both REMOTE contract and REMOTE full-time work.
Your initial responsibilities would include:
- Managing other accounting professionals, including other CPAs and bookkeepers
- Fielding and dispatching client requests — requires well-prioritized, courteous, and thoughtful responses that demonstrate very strong written and spoken language skills
- Mapping out bookkeeping plans for clients (to help other team members understand automated and manual transaction-booking workflows)
- Fixed asset and inventory accounting, including depreciation and COGS computation — calls for strong technical chops
- Bank reconciliation, monthly review of clients’ general ledgers, and troubleshooting and fixing errors
- Reporting and modeling — demands very strong Excel and Google Spreadsheet skills
- Maintenance of clients’ QuickBooks Online companies — strong existing knowledge of QuickBooks Desktop is an acceptable starting point, but direct QBO experience is preferred
The right applicants are comfortable with processes that change regularly to improve efficiencies. They are thought partners in improving these processes and play a key role in driving service value. Advancement opportunities exist for especially motivated, skillful candidates.
The work is ENTIRELY REMOTE/VIRTUAL/WORK FROM HOME. We communicate primarily by email, phone, and our ticketing system (for client request handling and task management). Hours are reasonably flexible, but performance standards are very high. Confidentiality, data security, and active, critical thinking are all key.
We provide outsourced financial operations services including accounts payable and receivable, monthly close, management reporting, and related processes for small businesses. Our value proposition with respect to competitors is technology-driven: more efficient, standardized, automated processes let us deliver higher-quality, lower-cost service.
What we do is build elegant, software-assisted financial operations for our clients, optimizing them for us to do:
- Paperless processing of vendor bills
- Reimbursable and corporate card expenses
- Data entry, ACH payment, booking
Monthly Closing Entries
- Depreciation and amortization
- Prepaid and accrued expenses
- Deferred and unbilled revenues
- Automated transaction grabs from your bank
- Quick identification of outages
- Remnant transaction booking
- Unaudited GAAP financials
- Customized dashboard
- Automatic updates