Easterling Law is seeking a Paralegal who wants to work from home with a flexible schedule!
This is a remote, possible 1099 or W-2 position. Hours can be flexible: desires at least 4 hours of the day between the hours of 9a to 5p EST, Monday – Friday – the other hours may be flexible (day or night). 35 to 40 hours / week.
• Manage calendar call attendance and participation.
• Handle case management tracking.
• Calculate Child Support when necessary, for all scenarios.
• Draft Correspondence to client and handle court runs.
• Create and issue Subpoenas.
• Create demonstrative exhibits for hearings and trial.
• Create Redlines/Track Changes.
• Create Asset / Debt Charts, including any divisible property.
• Complete deadline calculation and calendaring.
• Handle or participate in the following:
o Deposition Scheduling and Notice
o Discovery: Document Production and Discovery Spreadsheets
o Discovery: Organization and Identifying Missing Documents
o Discovery: Responses with Objections
o Discovery: Rule 45 Letters
o Divorce hearings
• Draft the following:
o Domestic Civil Action Coversheet, Civil Summons and Complaint
o Draft answer, response and counterclaims as well as Affirmative Defendants / MTD.
o Equitable Distribution Affidavit.
o Financial Affidavit (Short & Long Form); and/or Financial Declaration.
o Final Pre-trial Conference Order
o Final Pre-trial Order with final Spreadsheets attached
o Hearing Requests
o Initial Client Status Letters and Bi-weekly / Monthly Status updates as needed
o Initial Pre-Trial Conference Order
o Lawsuit and Pleading Service and Notice
o Motions and orders to Extend and Enlarge Time
o Motions and Response to Motions as instructed by supervising attorney
• Organize client documents or documents received by opposing party.
• Order for SC administrative matters (continuance, extend 365).
• Maintain pleadings notebooks and index.
** Please do not reach out to the client **
About Easterling Law:
Easterling Law is a very successful family law firm located in the greater Charlotte, NC, area. We are a full-service family law firm, committed to a holistic approach, and have structured our practice to that end. We provide services that account for the whole person, including their emotions, values, and unique family dynamics. We also strive to help clients achieve their specific legal goals in each case while honoring and respecting the dignity and integrity of each client.
We listen intentionally and deeply to gain a complete understanding of each client’s needs; and encourage compassion, reconciliation, forgiveness, and healing wherever needed. Whenever possible, we help clients to achieve a non-litigated resolution of any disputes that arise. We work to help clients find opportunities for settlement in the midst of conflict and encourage the use of mediation and collaborative law whenever appropriate.