We are a highly respected, contemporary hybrid publishing company committed to helping thoughtful people write, publish and sell meaningful books.
We are seeking a highly capable, self-motivated Technology Virtual Assistant with excellent web design and video editing experience.
About the position:
Examples of some responsibilities the Technology Virtual Assistant might undertake are to:
- Add our new books to our Book Catalogue on our website
- Add Press Kits (prepared by our marketing team) to our website
- Set up our remote ordering and printing system following established protocols with outside vendors (Lulu/Thrivecart) for all our titles.
- Set up our titles on PubMatch.
- Set up our website’s Resources page with products and services (including purchasing process through Thrivecart)
- Make changes to website text and other content as necessary.
- Edit, add text and/or images to videos; upload videos to YouTube or AMS or elsewhere as required.
- Other tech-heavy tasks that may arise.
- May be cross-trained on our distributor’s highly complex system for book data uploads.
Your essential skills and characteristics:
- Strong web design skills (WordPress – specifically Avada Theme)
- Strong video editing experience
- Highly detail-oriented and superb on follow-through
- Reliable and dependable.
- Ability to work independently but also a team player with a “roll up your sleeves” mentality and a “do whatever it takes” attitude.
- Strong desire to work in a fast-growing environment
- Ability to multi-task and shift directions quickly
This is a part-time, virtual position. Initially, the hours will be between 5-10 per week, with potential to increase. This is a 1099 position, with an hourly rate of $25-$30.
At Dudley Court Press, we are committed to bringing meaningful books, written by thoughtful people, to the world. We become partners with our clients, working with them from strategy and book concepts through writing, editing, design, and production and continuing with publicity and marketing. We believe that everyone who feels the call to write a book should have the support they need to make that book a reality.
We do whatever it takes to ensure that service to our clients, team members, partners, and vendors is impeccable and the quality of our books, courses, and programs is top-notch.