We are looking for a freelancer to work with the digital marketing team as our WordPress Specialist. In this role, you will manage our WordPress platform (Daily Bread) and support our digital and email marketing strategy.
You will be responsible for ensuring our WordPress web site provides the best possible user experience while helping drive key web marketing efforts.
If you’re an enthusiastic team player, eager to take on new challenges and grow with a dynamic, mission-driven company, we want to talk to you!
This position is remote, part-time, contract-based.
- Your first task will be converting all existing WordPress content to a new WordPress theme
- Manage the day-to-day maintenance of the new blog WordPress site, handling the queue of site fixes/changes and track progress until they are successfully completed
- Publish content, maintain continuity of themes, design layout, streamline navigation and monitors website analytics
- Work with social media team to design, build, and test new digital assets including social media graphics, websites, landing pages and more
- Advanced knowledge of best practice SEO standards to enhance ranking and traffic
- Develop creative solutions for improving website design and user experience
- Craft solutions for layout and styling issues across multiple browsers and mobile devices.
- Learn and apply UI/UX best practices for our digital platform
- Understanding of web standards/web browser capabilities and ability to create cross-browser and cross-platform compliant pages
- A portfolio of work showcasing websites you’ve worked on
- 1-3 years of previous work experience in a hands-on web design / development
- A thorough understanding of WordPress / customization applications
- A thorough understanding of SEO best practices
- Adobe Creative Suite: Highly skilled in Photoshop and Illustrator
- Sharp eye for layout and graphic design
- Creative and independent problem solving
- Understanding of website usability, web standards, and best practices
- Willingness to work on a team