WRITING SUBMISSION REQUIRED
We are seeking project-based, part-time, contractors for our Social Media Marketing & Content Writer positions. The content writer is responsible for creating compelling blogs, social media content, and web copy based on a pre-defined set of topics. We’re looking for someone with a proven track record of producing pieces that increase engagement and drive traffic.
This position requires a high level of creativity, as well as the ability to use data-driven insights to write better material. The successful candidate should also be detail-oriented and committed to meeting deadlines. Preference will be given to those with a strong writing portfolio, bachelor’s degree, and the ability to understand and communicate with the Catholic community.
· Regularly research and produce various content types, including blog articles, website landing pages, email copy, and social media posts
· Participate in creative brainstorms for social media, websites, branding, and more
· Collaborate with other departments to create innovative content ideas for specific social media channels including blogging, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, LinkedIn etc., to engage with target audiences, social influencers and drive objectives
· Use SEO best practices when writing including conducting keyword research to enhance traffic to our site including things like writing title tags, meta descriptions and alt-text
· Monitoring current trending topics on social media outlets and produce original content
Writing Sample Submission
Wow us with your writing and creativity!
If you are interested in joining our team as a consistent contributor to our blog and other social media assets, we ask that you provide a writing sample.
Subject: How to have a good confession.
Length: 300 – 600 words
Title: Create your own title based on your creativity, tone, traffic driver, seo…
Content Goal: The goal of this writing sample and ALL of your writing for the Catholic Faith Store is to; engage our readers, promote conversation, promote SHARING so that other bloggers, faith formation directors, and others will want to “share”.
Alternate: If you have a Catholic related blog article that you’ve written that meets the above requirements you are welcome to submit that instead.
Your writing submission will be used to select the content writers for the Catholic Faith Store social media team.
Please email your writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org and include your time availability and hourly / per-article rate.