Staff Accountant Job Description
Remote role for Candidates Residing in: VA, OH, FL, DC
Start Date: 12-12-2022
Min/Max Hours per Week: 15/hours – 20/hours per week
Job Status: Permanent
Job Type: Part-time
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Daily transaction recording, including receipts/disbursements, in QuickBooks Online, Bill.com, and other accounting systems
- Reconciling bank, credit card, investment, and general ledger accounts monthly
- Reviewing/entering accounts payable invoices; verifying invoice accuracy prior to entering into system
- Preparing accounts receivable invoices
- Ensuring Form W-9 information is collected and recorded in the accounting systems for all vendors
- Assisting in year-end audit by providing supporting documents for sample selections; responding to other audit requests
- Following-up with clients to make corrections, rectify failed payments, obtain needed information
- Contacting clients for approvals on receivables, payables, banking, credit card, and other transactions
- Preparing weekly bill payment report for clients
- Preparing journal entries for payroll and other assigned transactions
- Assisting team with special projects as assigned, including researching accounting topics and providing brief written summary of findings
- Consistently tracking status of tasks and projects in Asana project management system
Work Hours: Availability to work during daytime business hours required
Work Location: 100% Remote
CarterHutchings, LLC is a virtual CPA firm that supports nonprofit organizations by providing accounting, virtual CFO, and accounting project implementation services. We are excited to be expanding our team! Black, Brown, Indigenous, Latinx, and applicants from other minority communities are encouraged to apply.
We are in search of a part-time virtual staff accountant who will serve as the team’s “transaction pro” by managing the entry of client and firm financial transactions in our accounting systems and analyzing and reporting on those transactions.
We are a 100% virtual firm with a current team of 3. Our team values flexibility, integrity, kindness, diversity, and delivering excellent and on-time services to our clients.
QualificationsBachelor’s degree in Accounting. Minimum two years nonprofit accounting (general ledger) experience. Experience preparing journal entries and analyzing/ working with financial statements. Advanced level data and Excel skills including experience with pivot tables, manipulating/sorting/mapping data, and importing/exporting between applications required. Solid knowledge of QuickBooks Online; QuickBooks ProAdvisor certification required (can be obtained within 30 days of hire). Experience with Bill.com a plus. High-volume data entry skills; accuracy and attention to transaction coding is critical. Qualities and Attributes for Success. Ability to work independently in a remote based work environment. Must possess strong quantitative and analytical skills combined with solid business and financial acumen. Excellent attention to detail and excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be an excellent team player who possesses solid interpersonal and organizational skills. Ability to follow processes and document workflow in an organized manner. Ability to prioritize and manage time to meet deadlines.