Each job posting will vary according to the needs of the hiring person / company. These job descriptions are only to give a general idea of the typical skills and requirements for this type of job posting.
SCOPE OF JOB DUTIES
A Website Designer is responsible for planning and building complete websites focusing on the layout, overall appearance and functionality of the website. Must have an in-depth understanding of web design and artistic talent to create visually appealing websites.
The successful candidate must possess the following core skills:
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal and written skills, and proper grammar and spelling.
- Must be proficient with WordPress (or Joomla or other chosen web platform).
- Have the ability to post and edit pages.
- Ability to update an existing site correctly.
- Ability to meet critical deadlines.
- Possess good time management skills.
Other possible skills:
- Basic knowledge of HTML/CSS
- Knowledge of how to post and modify widgets as needed.
- Working knowledge of Google Analytics, Webmaster tools & AdWords platforms
- Knowledge of the differences in web browsers and operating systems.
- Basic knowledge of Photoshop
- Search Engine Optimization techniques
- Familiarity with FTP/SFTP
- Work station is located in a room with a door to avoid distractions.
- If necessary, babysitting services are arranged to provide a time slot of undisturbed, focused attention to details.
- Desktop computer
- Internet connection