Each job posting will vary according to the needs of the hiring person / company. These job descriptions are only to give a general idea of the typical skills and requirements for this type of job posting.
SCOPE OF JOB DUTIES
The Public Relations specialist is responsible for increasing awareness of the company by gaining publicity in various media. They will be responsible to write press releases and articles for publication and for outreach to the media to secure write-ups and stories about the business.
The successful candidate must possess the following core skills:
- Must have a solid background in PR. Possess impeccable copywriting skills.
- Ability to keep abreast of industry news and current hot topics to find fresh ways to keep us in the public eye through PR efforts.
- Come up with new angles to promote our business.
- Work closely with social media to carry a common message through social media and to capitalize on current social media hot topics.
- Must have the ability to self-start and follow through.
Other possible skills:
A list of media contacts and established relationships a plus.
- Interviewing and being interviewed in the media.
- Research for various industry topics and current news topics.
- Work station is located in a room with a door to avoid distractions.
- If necessary, babysitting services are arranged to provide a time slot of undisturbed, focused attention to details.
- Desktop computer
- Internet connection
See more information about home-based jobs and other types of work at home jobs. Also check out our list of current job postings.