We are looking for a remote, part-time US-based Personal Finance Copywriter to join our growing team of content creators and money nerds! You will be our company’s GO-TO RESOURCE for a wide variety of personal finance copywriting projects. The Copywriter reports directly to the CEO and works closely with an Account Manager and Editor.
Our primary project focus at this time includes:
- Educational blog posts + articles
- Personality-packed email newsletters
- Engaging social media posts
- Conversion + SEO-focused websites
- Download-worthy lead magnets + accompanying welcome email sequences
If you feel like you can produce high-quality, educational content on a wide range of personal finance topics for financial services clients (including financial advisors, financial coaches, fintech companies, and more), then we would love to add you to the team.
Does this sound like you? 👇
- Are you someone who is passionate about personal finance?
- Are you efficient, organized, and highly skilled at copywriting?
- Are you excited to research, learn about, and write on any number of topics in the financial realm?
- Do you have experience adapting to different clients’ voices, perspectives, strategies, and goals?
- Are you someone who thrives when juggling a variety of projects and clients?
- Are you able to take a project from the initial brand strategy questionnaire phase and create complete, well-thought-out, and strategic deliverables?
If you answered yes to these questions, we may be a great fit!
This is a remote, part-time position that has the ability to grow to a full-time position. While the position is incredibly flexible, you will occasionally be required to attend team and client meetings during traditional business hours. If you have a full-time job that would prevent you from doing so, please do not apply.
- Write engaging and educational personal finance copy on a weekly basis. Project types include:
- blogs + articles
- email newsletters
- social media posts
- lead magnets + welcome email sequences
- Incorporate SEO best practices into applicable projects
- Thoroughly research unfamiliar topics to produce expert-level content
- Effortlessly adapt to different client voices, perspectives, and preferences
- Produce high-quality work that is polished and professional
- Work collaboratively with the Account Manager and/or Editor to receive feedback, implement feedback, and edit work as needed
- Prioritize time management so you meet your deadlines
- Proactively communicate status and capacity with our Account Manager
- Attend virtual team meetings and client meetings on a quarterly basis (may occasionally require more frequent meetings)
- You are an efficient, highly skilled copywriter who enjoys creating content that balances education, storytelling, and personality
- You are a skilled researcher and can write effectively about new and unfamiliar topics
- You value the importance of communication
- You are a masterful problem-solver and enjoy coming up with solutions
- You value the quality of your work
- You are organized and operate ahead of schedule
- You are capable of managing your workload and communicate proactively when needed
- You are passionate about personal finance
WHO THIS JOB IS NOT FOR:
- Someone who is not excited about personal finance
- Someone who gets exhausted by research and writing
- Someone who cannot reliably meet deadlines
- Someone who doesn’t know how to set boundaries and receive feedback
Compensation ranges from $25–$30 per hour
WHY YOU’LL LOVE WORKING AT GCA:
- You get to work with a highly sarcastic, hilarious team that respects time boundaries.
- You get to work at your peak working time in your preferred space—as long as you meet deadlines, we don’t care when you work!
- While you don’t have to be a parent to work here, every one of our team members is a mom with kids at home. Our culture is built around flexibility and we welcome children on calls! (Crying doesn’t scare us.)
- We have an incredibly supportive culture that encourages you to develop professionally in the ways that are most important to you.
- We value constructive feedback, learning, and growth.
If you’re jumping up and down saying, “this is SO me!”, please apply below
This application will close at 5pm MT on March 31, 2023.
Gale Creative Agency is a boutique copywriting agency that works with financial services professionals to make an IMPACT. We execute inbound marketing strategies that attract our clients’ ideal prospects by producing engaging, educational, value-driven content.
The content we create is highly custom and original for each client. The standards we follow for content are based on research-backed evidence regarding best inbound marketing practices.
Our team consists of creative moms who care about making an impact in the finance industry while also caring for our families. We are friendly, supportive, and have the ability to figure anything out. We’re dedicated overdeliverers that develop special relationships with our clients to ensure we execute their projects flawlessly.
We genuinely care about each other and our clients—and our clients genuinely care about us. We only take on clients who respect the value of our time and services. Therefore, we only bring on team members who can reciprocate these values.
Our Mission + Core Values
Our mission is to help purpose-driven financial businesses transform the lives of their clients and customers. We do this by creating superior custom and strategy-driven inbound marketing content.
At Gale Creative Agency, we:
- Create effective, conversational, human-sounding copy in financial services
- Make the finance industry a better, more human, more inclusive space
- Take care of each other, ourselves, and our clients
- Prioritize quality in our content and reliability for our clients
- Work to empower individuals to take control of their personal finances
QualificationsREQUIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE 1 year of copywriting and/or content marketing experience, including SEO knowledge 1 year of experience in a finance or finance-adjacent role (or otherwise demonstrate some knowledge and understanding of personal finance topics) Excellent proofreading skills and attention to detail PREFERRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE Bachelor’s degree in English, Marketing, Journalism, Communication, or related discipline 1 year of experience copywriting for personal finance brands/businesses 1 year of experience copywriting on technical topics (e.g., equity compensation strategies, self-directed IRA options)