We are seeking a highly organized and detail-oriented individual to join our architecture firm as an Architecture Firm Administrator. In this role, you will be responsible for managing architectural licenses for multiple states and performing various administrative organizing tasks. Your efficient management of licenses and attention to detail will be crucial to the success of our firm.
1. Architectural License Management:
– Research and maintain up-to-date knowledge of architectural licensing requirements and regulations in multiple states.
– Coordinate the application, renewal, and maintenance processes for architectural licenses in accordance with state regulations.
– Track and manage deadlines associated with license renewals, continuing education requirements, and professional development.
– Communicate with architects and staff regarding license status, requirements, and updates.
2. Administrative Organizing Tasks:
– Develop and implement efficient systems for organizing and maintaining administrative records, including architectural project files, contracts, and correspondence.
– Assist in preparing and maintaining project proposals, contracts, and other legal documents.
– Coordinate and schedule meetings, appointments, and travel arrangements for architects and other team members.
– Maintain a well-organized and easily accessible electronic and physical filing system.
3. Communication and Collaboration:
– Serve as a point of contact for internal and external inquiries related to architectural licenses and administrative matters.
– Provide administrative support to the principal architects.
– Liaise with regulatory bodies and professional associations to ensure compliance with licensing requirements.
– Proven experience in administrative or organizational roles, preferably within a professional office.
– Excellent organizational skills with a keen eye for detail and accuracy.
– Proficient in using project management software, document management systems, and other administrative tools.
– Strong written and verbal communication skills.
– Ability to multitask, prioritize, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
– Proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
– Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
– Professional demeanor with a customer service-oriented approach.