Terrible Toybox (the creator, developer, and publisher of Thimbleweed Park) is looking for an enthusiastic, versatile part-time associate producer to work on an unannounced 2D point-and-click adventure game. You’ll work closely with the producer to manage development of a high quality indie game within budget and deadlines. You’ll also be part of a friendly team, be respected, and be appreciated.
- Effectively coordinate with the producer to maintain tasks for individuals and different development disciplines such as art, animation, coding, testing, and more.
- Take ownership of a sub-component of the game and move tasks and features forward despite obstacles and issues.
- Communicate task status and blockages to producer, leads and other stakeholders.
- Help implement new processes; iterate to improve processes based on feedback and to improve efficiency; and maintain documentation of processes.
- Schedule meetings, write timely agendas, run meetings efficiently, take notes, and follow up after meetings based on actionable items.
- Balance attention to detail with losing hours obsessing over something players and the team won’t see.
- Manage your workload and milestone requirements by following and/or determining task priorities, time estimates, and scope while proactively raising issues to the team as needed.
- Actively contribute to an enthusiastic, creative team atmosphere by participating in sprints, team meetings, and discussions via team tools (e.g. Slack, Notion).
- For this position, the start date is mid to late June 2021. It will be a 20 hour a week, part-time contract for approximately 6 months.
What You’ll Bring
- Interest in pursuing a game production career.
- General understanding of project management, game development phases, and sprint methodologies and cadences.
- Experience working with small teams (around 10-20 people) – could be on a department level at a larger company.
- Experience as a team coordinator, project manager, producer, or similar role.
- Confident manipulating, examining, and creating data in any form — be it spreadsheets, databases, documents, and more.
- The ability to multitask and be flexible about changing role requirements.
- A respectful and open-minded attitude with excellent communication skills in English, including the ability to give, receive, and solicit kind constructive written, verbal, and other feedback.
- Insight into which working at home practices suit you and enable you to be self-motivated, proactive, organized, methodical, responsible, and productive.
- Played and enjoyed many point-and-click adventures or narrative-heavy games.
- Been part of a game development process from idea through to shipping.
- Extensive experience with Notion and Slack.
- Completed an educational certificate, bachelor’s degree or similar after high school.
Terrible Toybox believes in creating point-and-click experiences for everyone, from hard-core fans to the adventure-curious. Thimbleweed Park was well received and has become a benchmark for modern point-and-click adventures. Our growing team of industry veterans and newer-comers are dedicated to making an amazing new game, but also believe in flexible work hours and a good work-life balance.
Terrible Toybox is a fully remote company with team members in time zones from Pacific to Central Europe. We do not believe in crunch. We aim to create a welcoming and safe community where you can excel at your work; new friends are made; your opinions are heard; and everyone is respected, regardless of gender, race, sexual orientation, introversion/extroversion, religion, years of experience, and more.