The Accounting Manager is responsible for overseeing our financial data and compliance by maintaining accurate books on accounts payable and receivable, payroll, and daily financial entries and reconciliations. The Accounting Manager will also perform daily accounting tasks such as monthly financial reporting, general ledger entries, and record payments and adjustments.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work with a third-party accountant to coordinate bill payments across multiple entities and ensure the CEO receives monthly balance and income statements.
- Maintain records of financial transactions by establishing accounts; posting transactions; ensuring legal requirements compliance.
- Develop a system to account for financial transactions by establishing a chart of accounts; defining bookkeeping policies and procedures.
- Update and maintain the general ledger.
- Maintain historical records by filing documents.
- Prepare and review tax projections per GAAP.
- Prepare and/or review quarterly and annual financial reports, footnotes, and work papers on a GAAP, Tax-Basis as well as assist in the coordination of annual audits and tax returns for multiple entities.
- Prepare financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Comply with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying requirements; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing reports; advising management on needed actions.
MAG Partners is a woman-owned, urban real estate company with decades of experience developing impactful, iconic, large-scale projects throughout New York City. We believe and have proven that principles of beauty, diversity and sustainability create great places with lasting value for our partners, investors and communities.