We are a national 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, seeking passionate and qualified individuals to join our team in San Diego County, CA. Our mission is to help girls reach their potential through sport. We combine non-contact, flag rugby programming for girls in grades 2-8 with a leadership and values-based curriculum which focuses on building confidence, self-esteem, and leadership skills. We are seeking an energetic, entrepreneurial, and self-starting person to develop, implement, and manage our Southern California programs for 2021. This position requires excellent organization, communication and problem-solving skills. Prior experience administrating similar programs is ideal.
The Program Manager position is a one year part-time contract position running from January 1st, 2021 through December 31st, 2021. The Program Manager will be expected to work an average of 10 hours/week. The Program Manager will report to the National Office.
Program Manager Job Description
- Develops, organizes, and implements a high-quality rugby San Diego program.
- Directs and supervises program activities to meet objectives.
- Expands programming within the community in accordance with strategic and operating plans.
- Secures, schedules, and prepares athletic fields and facilities. This includes obtaining any relevant permits and field rental costs.
- Recruit volunteer coaches for the season and manage throughout the season so that they are set up for success such as having relevant materials and resources.
- Coordinate game scheduling and operations for all game days, as well as Family-Daughter Day.
- Organizes and conducts coach pre-season meetings, as well as assists with training for new coaches in conjunction with the National Office.
- Coordinate and activate opportunities and events to promote and market upcoming programs.
- Lead weekly meetings with coaches following each Game Day to check-in on improvements for upcoming practices and games.
- Serve as a mentor for coaches to ensure they are equipped and capable of their roles.
- Contribute to social media by providing content such as pictures, videos, and write-ups following events and programs.
- Manage social media accounts.
- Organization of the Family-Daughter day at the close of each season.
- Execute season surveys and compile program statistics.
- Organize and coordinate for showcases and activations at events, as needed.
- Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with community organizations.
- Assist in delivering on sponsorship requirements, as needed.
- Secure new local sponsors to financially support the program.
- Responds to all member and community inquiries and complaints in a timely manner.
- Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of each location and participation in programs.
- Collaborate with the National Office for effective season operations.
Girls Rugby, Inc., a national 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, that combines non-contact, flag rugby programming for girls in grades 2-8 with a leadership and values-based curriculum which focuses on building confidence, self-esteem and leadership skills.