We are a national 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, seeking passionate and qualified individuals to join their team in Denver, CO. Our mission is to help girls reach their potential through sport. Our organization combines non-contact, flag rugby programming for girls in grades 2-8 with leadership and values-based curriculum which focuses on building confidence, self-esteem and leadership skills. We are seeking an energetic, entrepreneurial, and self-starting person to develop, implement, and manage our Colorado programs for the Spring 2021 season. This position requires excellent organization, communication, and problem-solving skills. Prior experience administrating similar programs is ideal. The Program Coordinator position is a seasonal position running from January 1st, 2021 through the close of the Spring Season (May 31st, 2021).
The Program Coordinator will be expected to work an average of 5-7 hours/week and will receive a stipend for their time and work. The Program Coordinator will report to the National Office.
Program Coordinator Job Description
- Develop, organize, and implement a high-quality Colorado program.
- Direct and supervise program activities to meet objectives.
- Expand programming within the community in accordance with strategic and operating plans.
- Secure, schedule, and prepare athletic fields and facilities. This includes obtaining any relevant permits and field rental costs.
- Recruit volunteer coaches for the season and provide management and oversight, ensuring that they have all materials and resources to be successful in their roles.
- Coordinate scheduling for all game days and Family-Daughter Day at the end of the season.
- Organize and conduct pre-season coaching meetings and assist with training for new coaches in conjunction with the National Office.
- Work with coaches to determine curriculum delivery, including rugby skills and core values.
- Assist in the marketing and distribution of program information. This includes the gathering of content for social media, the website, and newsletters sent from the National Office.
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with community organizations.
- Help with delivering on sponsorship requirements, as needed.
- Assists in coordination for showcases and activations at events, as needed.
- Respond to all member and community inquiries and complaints in a timely manner.
- Contribute to and manage Colorado social media accounts including the gathering of pictures, videos, and other content.
- Compile program statistics. Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of each location and participation in programs.
- Collaborate with the National Office for effective season operations.
Girls Rugby, Inc., a national 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, that combines non-contact, flag rugby programming for girls in grades 2-8 with a leadership and values-based curriculum which focuses on building confidence, self-esteem and leadership skills.