Who are we?
Even the best leaders need a support team. We offer a suite of support services aimed to help emerging entrepreneurs get off the starting line and established operators level up their businesses. We believe in working with clients that are on a high-growth track and are doing fun, impactful work. Everyone on our team of financial, HR, IT, marketing, and operations professionals, is here to provide high-quality support to every amazing client.
How to succeed on our team
To succeed on this team, you must be ready to work with internal and external stakeholders across a variety of disciplines and industries – and regularly juggle a number of high-priority tasks. You’ll do some internal work with bookkeeping, but the majority of your time will be spent supporting our highly driven and passionate clients. Successful team members will often run into problems that aren’t easily solved, but they use their curiosity, grit, and humility to either figure it themselves or lean on team members for help.
Right off the bat, we want you to…
- Meet your coworkers and learn about our workflow.
- Get an introduction to our current clients and the projects we are working on for them.
- Start assisting the internal team with general bookkeeping, reporting, and payroll.
- Have weekly one-on-ones with your manager to make sure things are going smoothly.
Once you’ve got the hang of that you’ll…
- Start supporting month-end close.
- Take over AP/AR management.
- Manage bank account and credit card reconciliation.
- Strong, independent work ethic
- Solid, real-world bookkeeping experience
- Basic accounting knowledge
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong data and analysis skills
- Good at following documented processes and workflows
- Proficient in QuickBooks Online and/or Xero
Nice to Have:
- Experience over a portfolio of client accounts
- QBO Pro Advisor or similar certification
- Experience working with remote clients
- $34,000-52,000, depending on experience
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
The Application Process
If this sounds like fun, we’d love to hear from you.
Here’s what to expect:
- You submit your application and resume.
- If your resume looks like a good fit, you’ll get a call from Emily over in HR. She’ll ask some follow-up questions about your work experience and your goals for the future.
- Next, you’ll meet with the hiring manager and one or two other members of the team (this is usually done via Zoom). Together you’ll go over your work history, and discuss in detail what you bring to the table.
- You may be asked to meet with us for a third, more focused interview, or we may skip straight to an offer it just depends on the number of candidates we have and how things are going.
- Once you accept an offer, you’ll put in your notice with your current employer, and Emily will reach out to set up your orientation and get you on-boarded.
- Before you know it, your first day will be here! You’ll meet the team and get started learning the ropes.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $34,000.00 – $52,000.00 per year
Hard-working innovators are everywhere, but capital and talent are inaccessible to most businesses. Forte meets clients at inflection points in their business and use our team of professionals to help them capture and navigate the rapid growth and build systems to thrive.