We at AFB Law are seeking a Client Relationship and Billing Specialist to become a part of our team! You will provide overall support to attorneys’ business needs.
You are good at working with difficult people going through a difficult time. You can’t help but be proactive on a case because fires suck for everyone involved. You want a job where you can make a difference in folks’ lives by shining as the rockstar that you are while getting home at a decent hour. This is a great position for someone wanting to get started in family law.
You will be tasked with owning the billing process and reporting out updates. Additionally, you will be responsible for counseling clients on ways to gather the resources to support their case.
We need someone who can perform the following activities on a daily basis:
- Take Client payments and send out client bills
- Enter legal staffs time into time entry software each week for billing
- Follow up with clients on their bills and work to collect outstanding balances
- Handle customer care, ensuring clients are up-to-date on their billing and feel informed about their options
- Manage relationships with clients surrounding their payments and fees
- Helping clients work past their mental money issues
- Being the first line of encouragement when a client thinks they want to quit their case
- Use programs like Microsoft Word, Excel, Clio, Asana and Google Apps to communicate and report
- Generally, make the attorneys lives easier.
- This job is starting out at 30 hours per week with the possibility to increase to full time based on the candidate’s interests.
- Glowing personality a MUST!
- Creative and solutions focused attitude
- Empathetic to client’s situations
- Experience handling difficult/stressed out people
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – you will spend the majority of your time on the phone with clients
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Familiar with handling client payments
- Experience working in Microsoft Excel
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in related field
- 3+ years customer service, office management or account collection experience
- Law office experience a plus!