Law Firm Position
Dear Ms. Zavieh,
From your HireMyMom posting it appears that you need someone who can put on a multitude of hats and wear them well. I am that Girl!
I have worked as a contractor since 2007, when I opened my own business, Business Remedies, LLC. I have worked with law firms on a variety of tasks and projects during this time.
However, before I started Business Remedies, LLC, I was a trained legal secretary and certified paralegal for 14 years. I specialized in estate planning and transactional law . . . and I loved it!
I worked for the Santa Barbara County District Attorney’s Office in Santa Barbara, CA and then two private law firms – one in San Luis Obispo, CA and the other in Missoula, MT.
Communication comes easily to me and, over the years, I have had extensive contact with prospective, current, and past clients. Getting to know clients is a blessing as it enables me to better assist clients when they call. Over the years, I have performed client intake and have followed up on warm and hot calls for previous legal positions as well as my legal clients.
Technology is not a problem for me. In fact, I enjoy learning new systems and have worked with business owners to score and select applications which will integrate across platforms.
As a contractor, I have executed various tasks which might be useful to ZaviehLaw, such as –
– performing operations management (I am currently the part-time operations manager for a Christian coaches non-profit.);
– coordinating projects, tasks, and teams using project management skills;
– designing and implementing a model for a continuing education program for the purposes of accelerating revenue that will be easily duplicated on an annual basis;
– attending meetings virtually with prospective clients and attorneys to take notes;
– using Windows, Microsoft, and Google products;
– transcribing miscellaneous recordings;
– scheduling appointments;
– contacting speakers and arranging and facilitating webinars;
– leading special projects;
– proofing and editing documents, books, and presentations;
– working with WordPress websites; and,
– preparing Board reports and attending Board meetings.
In doing so, I have utilized several different project management systems, such as Asana and Basecamp, and even systems as simple as Google or Excel spreadsheets. In addition, I have used various CRM systems, such as Ontraport.
Since you practice in the legal ethics realm, it is important that you are comfortable and confident with the person selected for this position because, as the saying goes, “loose lips, sink ships”. You can rest assured that I believe confidentiality is a MUST, not a nice to have, and adhere to this tenet as an absolute.
If you should need additional information or would like to request copies of my legal references, please feel free to contact me.
Thank you for your consideration and time. I hope we will be able to work together.
Owner, Business Remedies LLC